Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Lynlloyd

CONGRATULATIONS Head Dawg on your acceptance!!

I wonder how many folks will check this thread, however, because it looks like it's a closed thread. I would suggest starting another thread for Waterloo!!

Good luck in the fall (I still haven't heard).

Lynlloyd.

Guest WTBMED3

I got acceptances to Mac and Ottawa (via email) on Friday. I am still waiting to hear from Toronto. No matter what...I am going to MAC. :P

This is my second time applying.

I look forward to meeting you guys in the fall.

Guest MA2003

I was thick-enveloped this morning...

This is my second time applying, first time interviewing.

GPA 3.97

Working on 1 yr. MA

Didn't write the MCATs

I also applied to Ottawa, and was accepted on Friday the 30th.

I am DEFINITELY going to MAC!!!!!!!!!!!

See you all Aug. 25!

Guest mumfirst

I'm an Ontario resident with an undergraduate degree in psychology.

I was (primary) waitlisted by McMaster. This is my second time applying to this school. Mac is my first and only choice.

Guest uwoheather

hi everyone,

my name is heather badalato and i was accepted to mcmaster's medical program!!

G.P.A. 3.95

just finished 3rd year in biochem at western

i was also accepted to ottawa, but i am definitely accepting mcmaster's offer-see everyone in the fall!

Guest SireWire

I'm a British Columbia resident with a BS in Biology and a BA Communications, minor in management. Did not take the MCAT. I'm 28 years old.

I was accepted by McMaster. :eek This is my first time applying to this school.

I did not apply to any other medical school. McMaster was my first choice.

:rollin

Guest mjs3

I got thickveloped today!

Finished 3rd year of Science (Hon. Biol) at UNB. Resident of NB

GPA: 3.96

MCAT: Heehee, I am so glad that's not going to take over my summer now!

Also applied to Ottawa but was rejected sans interview.

Mac was my first choice!

Woohoo! I'm soooo excited!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Glendyn

Hey Red

Sounds like we have similar backgrounds. I've also been in counseling/commumity health (Public Health) for 10 years or so in Toronto but originally from N.S.

Congratulations on your acceptance.

Any advice for me re:application 2004.

Guest wowmed

It seems to me that everyone who got in Mac has a GPA of 3.9 or above, so I was wondering :rolleyes if the autobiographical sketch, volunteer and all those requirements really count......... I know Mac weighs it 50/50%, but knowing the current year's successful applicants' GPA confuses me8o

Guest IRNBRUD

I'm below 3.9 :o :o

The ****rumour**** has it that the both the GPA and the submission are given a score out of 50%. The top scores are offered interviews. It used to be that a ***very few*** people would be interviewed based solely on their submission, but it seems that this is no longer done ???

From here, things are a LOT less clear. I have heard (and I really DO NOT KNOW THIS FOR SURE) that you are given a score out of 50% for the personal interview, 25% for the video/group exercises and 25% for GPA/Submission. It has been said that you MUST score over 50% in the personal interview to even be considered for the program.

Any moderators want to jump in??

Take care :)

IB

Guest mumfirst

Initially waitlisted - called off the waitlist on June 13th!!!!! :D I met some amazing applicants during my interview and feel very, very, very honoured to have been accepted.

Good luck to all waitlisters - the list really does move! ;)

Jane

Guest MacMedPlease

I was initally waitlisted, but got a call on Friday the 13th in the morning to say I was accepted.

GPA-3.64

Background-BScN, MSc©

First time applying to med school

See you all in the fall! I can't wait to meet everyone.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.:rollin

I'm an Ontario resident who finished undergraduate studies in Biochemistry. My GPA was 3.9 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 13

Verbal: 9

Biological Sciences: 13

Written Sample: R

I was accepted by McMaster after being primary waitlisted. I also got off the wait list at UT. This is my second time applying to both of these schools.

As UT is my first choice, I'll be turning down the offer from Mac and attending UT this fall. Good luck to those still waiting!! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest cosmeticgrl

I'm an Alberta resident completing a PhD in virology. My undergrad GPA was (3.7) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (11)

Verbal: (12)

Biological Sciences: (15)

Written Sample: (P)

I was rejected by McMaster. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Queen's as my first choice.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Scottish Chap

This is a very hard school to get into! :) I was an international applicant: B.Sc., M.S., and Ph.D. in pharmacology - all completed. Several publications and awards.

GPA: probably the assigned median since my undergraduate degree is foreign and we don't use the GPA system.

Relevant experience: extensive clinical exposure, extensive voluntary work, extensive clinical responsibility.

MCAT: did not take it, so Mac was my only choice this year. I will be taking the MCAT this year and applying to several other schools. Good luck to those that are interviewing.......you're in my prayers.

• 1 month later...
Guest frogcanada

I was rejected by Mac without an interview. This is my first time applying to Mac.

My GPA is approx 3.2 cumulative (3.8 best two years) and my MCAT is 11VR 10BS 10PS WQ.

I have a graduate degree in Clinical Pharmacology and I'm what they might classify as a "mature applicant".

I'm an Ontario resident, and Mac was my first choice.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jaystarz

*GPA 3.43 (OMSAS adjusted)

*UManitoba BA (History & Politics)

*No MCAT

*Ontario resident

*Mac first and last choice, not because of my limitations, however, but because I am very much sold on their program literature.

*Interviewed P.M. 3 Apr 04 - It was a wet and miserable day, like so many others. I drank two bottles of water and two cans of pop, which are hopefully not to become the most expensive libations I've ever had @ $56.25 each, though I'll admit they would have been a bargin at twice the price.

Jaystarz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JimCuddy

*GPA 3.83 (OMSAS adjusted)

*U of Waterloo (Psychology)

*No MCAT

*Ontario resident

*Mac and Ottawa... toss up for first choice... interviewed at both... didn't get into Ottawa... still waiting to see if I made the waiting list or not... accepted at Mac.

*Interview at Mac went well... enjoyed the process of the MMIs... sounds like a great school

Guest Geny

I got accepted to Mac today and this is my first time applying. 25 yrs old. I only applied to Mac.

Some info.:

I have a Bachelor of Nursing from Ottawa.

I've had a career in Community Health Nursing as an outpost nurse (Northern Ontario Native Reservations)

My GPA is: 3.52 (probably the lowest)!!!

No MCAT

P.S: French is my first language (I'm from Québec) and I just learned english few years ago. The interview was such a challenge for me... I hired an english teacher and practice MMI's 3hrs a day for 2 weeks before my interview... MMI's were a lot of fun!!! Just to say that anything is possible!!! Thanks to Mac to be such an amazing school!

I can't wait to start in august!

Good luck to everyone still waiting :)

Geneviève

Guest medboy2008

Hey to all

Got into MAC

*I went to Western, Graduated from Microbiology and Immunology

*No MCAT

*93% Final Average

*Ontario Resident

*Interviewed on the 28th of March

*Mac is my first choice, (so free spot now in Ottawa)

See you all in August!!

Guest DrTK

Hi Everyone!

I'm a first time applicant just finished my 3rd year of Biochemistry at Mac. I have been accepted (yay!!!) I'm on the waitlist at Queens and am still waiting to hear from Western. I don't know what I'm doing yet, but I've had a great 3 years at Mac doing my undergrad so another 3 would be just fine with me! GPA 3.76, Ontario resident, MCAT 34R. Good luck to everyone!

TK