Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Rejected

VR 13

MMI - Felt decent about it. Only one uncomfortable station, a few really solid ones, and I was much less nervous since it was my second year through the process.

My higher VR and my lower GPA are probably a wash, so I guess I bombed the interview. Don't really know what happened.

Law school it is..... ugh.

Got off the waitlist on May 29th :)

cGPA - 3.95

VR - 11

Interview - I actually felt really good about the MMI. Two stations were not great (but I didn't think they were deal-breakers) and a few felt really good. BUT I am not a good interviewer and am an introvert so I think my impression of how it went might not align with how it actually went.

Congrats to all those who were accepted! And good luck fellow waitlisters :)!

Summary of posts up until this point.

Accepted

Number: 20

Average GPA: 3.76

Average VR: 11.6

Average score out of 30: 25.7

Rejected

Number: 7

Average GPA: 3.84

Average score out of 30: 26

Waitlist

Number: 12

Average GPA: 3.73

Average score out of 30: 25.6

I did average score out of 30 since GPA and VR are worth 15% each. Looks like it really was the interview that separated everyone who's posted anyways! I'm also assuming that people who were rejected are less likely to post here and that explains the low number of them.

GPA: 3.89

VR: 12

Interview: felt like the one station really didn't go well, but felt like the rest went fine so I'm really feeling bad I didn't even get wait listed

I found it super unprofessional they sent an email the night before asking us to tape our reactions as we opened our email. Especially after they sent out a bunch of wrong emails. Also it would be nice to see my actual application number on my rejection letter instead of a mass email. Congrats to those who got in!

Accepted to Hamilton campus at 8:45AM, ERROR at 1:32PM, confirmation of offer at 3:00PM (all May 13th).

OMSAS GPA: 3.92. Actual cGPA on my transcript marginally higher

VR - 10

Interview - I felt that I performed very well during the whole MMI. I was uncomfortable for one of them but felt I handled it decently, and the others all went as well as I could have hoped!

I also didn't post in the interview invites thread, but I felt that my CASPER was pretty solid. CASPER and the MMI likely helped to make up for my lower than average VR.

Edit: I will likely be declining this offer and hope for some sizeable waitlist movement!

Accepted to Hamilton! What a great thing to wake up to!

IP, graduated UG last year

GPA: 3.88

MCAT: 11 VR

Interview: I was pretty relaxed and it felt pretty good except for that stressful acting station!

Also accepted to U of C, haven't decided where to go yet!

Congrats to everyone accepted and good luck to those waiting! :D