Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Result: Accepted 
cGPA: 3.88
VR Score: 11
Geography : IP/OP? IP
Current year: [uG (what year), Masters, PhD] UG 4
Interview: To be honest I thought it was very challenging due to the nature of the questions and how some interviewers reacted. Am glad to know it went well regardless :)

So so stoked to get into this amazing school! Their teaching & learning style is so revolutionary and I was so impressed!

Accepted to Waterloo

cGPA: 3.87
How you felt CASPER went: Thought it went really well.
Geography : OOP
Current year: Finished Undergrad

Interview: Thought it went great, really. Not one station I got too worried about.

Got flat-out rejected post-interview last year, and this year I only got pulled off the interview waitlist like... 5 days before I had to be in Hamilton. I live in the prairies. It was quite a trip. More than pleased to see it went well.

Result: Rejected 

cGPA: 3.81
VR Score: 10
Geography [iP/OP]: IP
Current year: UG 4
Interview: Thought it went quite well; definitely didn't think I made any crucial mistakes... but apparently I did! 

A huge congratulations to everybody that was accepted today! To those of you who weren't, remember that you were amongst the 552 out of 5500 invited for an interview. Stay determined and your time will certainly come!

Waitlisted

cGPA: 3.78
How you felt CASPER went: Thought it went well, better than last year.
Geography : IP
Current year: 1 year out of undergrad

Interview: I felt it was the worst of my 3 MMI interviews but always hard to tell.

I will be accepting an offer to UofT or Queen's so waitlist doesn't matter. Hopefully someone can move up into my spot and increase their odds off getting off the list. 

TIMESTAMP: 8:18 AM

Accepted, Hamilton Campus

GPA: 3.83

VR: 11

Interview: I felt really good about a few stations, really seconded guessed myself about a couple others.

Thank you to everyone on these forums and who joined the study/prep groups I participated in.  I really feel it made a big difference in getting me ready for both applications and interviews.  I hope to see some of you in the fall at McMaster, and many, many more of you down the road during CaRMS and in the field of health care.

Waitlisted

Timestamp: 8:32 AM EST

3rd year applicant

cGPA: 3.92

IP

CASPER: Thought it was alright but nothing special 

Interview: 2 bad stations like really bad and the rest were good

Really hope to get off the waitlist, thanks to everyone who is thinking of choosing another school hehe :D

Timestamp: 8:12 AM
Result: Accepted - Waterloo Regional Campus (first choice)
Program: MD
Year: just completed undergrad (2015)
GPA: 3.72 (for first 3 years)
MCAT VR: 11/12/10

Interview: I felt good about it. Could have probably done better on a few stations, but for the most part I didn't really struggle with any questions and it seemed comfortable.

Also accepted to Western - currently trying to make a decision!

TIMESTAMP: 8:32 AM

Waitlist

cGPA: 3.88
VR Score: 13
Geography: IP
Current year: Completed PhD (though still "in progress" at application time - so no formal GPA advantage, by the rules)

Interview: A combination of really well (2/3) and a bit awkward (1/3). None felt really bad per say... 

Waitlist (have already removed myself by accepting U of T)
Time-stamp: 8 something AM, May 12, 2015
GPA: 3.84

In province Masters student
CASPer: I think what helped my get an interview two years in a row was that I was concise and direct in my answers. I stated my position or what action I would take right away and then gave an explanation, insteading of trying to explore all points before arriving at my conclusion. This way I also didn't leave any question blank and had some kind of answer/solution (however undeveloped) for everything. I think they are trying to test your ability to make a decision very very quickly.

Interview: Some good stations, some okay ones, some weird ones!!

Waitlist

GPA: 3.93

VR: 10

IP

CASPer: didn't feel great about it, but a couple of situations that came up were situations that I had personally come across in real life so I suppose that might have helped a bit. I made sure to answer all questions in every section. 

Interview: a couple of iffy ones but overall felt good. I ran out of time every station though. 

I'm a bit late in posting this but...

Waitlist

GPA: 3.95

VR: 10

Year of application: 3rd year of undergrad 

In-province applicant

Good luck to all those wait listers! I'm really rooting for you guys, and congrats to all those accepted this year! For all those who didn't make it this year, keep your chin up. Remember that medical schools do reward persistence. Keep trying and best wishes to all of you! :)

Waitlisted.

GPA: 3.71

MCAT: 12 physics / 12 verbal / 11 bio

In-province, finished my 4.5 years of undergrad at the end of the Fall 2014 semester

CASPer: I felt really good about CASPer.  The questions made a lot of sense to me and I honestly enjoyed doing it.

Interview: Definitely not as comfortable with it as I had hoped.  A couple of the stations caught me off guard which I'm sure affected the confidence of my replies.

Here's hoping that waitlist keeps moving!  Would love to go to Mac.  Good luck everyone and congrats!

Edit: accepted off waitlist on June 5!!

Accepted off waitlist to Hamilton

cGPA: 3.98
VR Score: 10
How you felt CASPER went: Thought it went really well, able to answer all the questions with time to spare
Geography : IP
Current year: 4th year undergrad

Interview: Thought it went great. Had a lot of fun doing the MMI. There were one or two stations that were iffy but the rest went well.