Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

7 hours ago, yehehey said:

Just to help some of us who are speculating about waitlist timestamps.... would you mind sharing where the initial letter of your family name is in the alphabet :P 

B. I think we've proven that the email's timestamp doesn't mean anything 

5 hours ago, Distancea said:

What campus?

Hamilton!

Result: Accepted off waitlist (Hamilton) 

Timestamp: May 23 1:50PM

Original timestamp: 7:54 (my last name is in the middle of the alphabet so seems like it's alpha order!)

GPA: 3.96

CARS: 130

Interview: went much better than Western the week before, where I was placed on the good waitlist. I guess not enough for a straight acceptance, but was super excited to get my offer today!

Year: gap year after graduating

Geography: IP

Result: Accepted (Hamilton campus)

Timestamp: May 14 - sorry for posting this a bit late!

GPA: 3.88

CARS: 128

Interview: Thought it went well overall, a couple of stations where I wasn't sure if the interviewers understood what it was I was saying  (and I'm not sure I did either, I just shared what first came to mind lol). Had ambivalent feelings about my interview performance in weeks thereafter since this process is really unpredictable. However, I don't think there was anything I could have done differently; I prepared extensively for the interview and am happy that it paid off! 

Year: BSc

Calmed down enough to write this now:

Timestamp: May 28 (not 23!) 6:20PM

Original waitlist timestamp: May 14th at 7:55 am (last name "Z" - I was one of the original proponents of the last name theory and to all future students - timestamps mean nothing!!)

GPA: 3.83

Interview: Felt good right after, horrible for the next month, and unsure till waitlist 

Year: 4th year

Shoutout to the waitlist party - y'all are the OG MVP GOAT + other acronyms, sending out positive vibes to everyone still on the waitlist.  

40 minutes ago, yehehey said:

Calmed down enough to write this now:

Timestamp: May 23 6:20PM

Original waitlist timestamp: May 14th at 7:55 am (last name "Z" - I was one of the original proponents of the last name theory and to all future students - timestamps mean nothing!!)

GPA: 3.83

Interview: Felt good right after, horrible for the next month, and unsure till waitlist 

Year: 4th year

Shoutout to the waitlist party - y'all are the OG MVP GOAT + other acronyms, sending out positive vibes to everyone still on the waitlist.  

wait, so you got the email 5 days ago?

Also, I thought that timestamps did mean something, nothing to do with when you will be called or what position you are in the list, but it just has to do with where your name falls in the alphabet.

32 minutes ago, RPN-RN-MD said:

wait, so you got the email 5 days ago?

Also, I thought that timestamps did mean something, nothing to do with when you will be called or what position you are in the list, but it just has to do with where your name falls in the alphabet.

Whoops typo! May 28 - just now 

Result: Accepted off Waitlist (Hamilton)

Timestamp: May 28 6:19pm (EST)

cGPA: 3.99

CARS: 131

Interview: Idk at this point. I felt pretty good but despite doing a lot of practise (and getting feedback from a variety of people that thought I had become a solid interviewee) I guess it just didn't work out for me on the day, although I felt good about it (and other interviews where I wasn't accepted). I didn't feel I did poorly on any station, I also didn't think I nailed any, except maybe the communication stations where I finished the puzzle as the listener and almost finished it as the instructor (Obviously they're not marking based on that but they said they've never seen anyone finish it before and they seemed pretty impressed; I would think it would at least help lol). I'm coming to terms with the fact that maybe I just don't give a great first impression (although I worked on that too!), but when people get to know me they start to see me more favourably. Maybe it's my face lol. Whatever the case, I'm glad I finally got in :) 

Year: 4th year UG

Geography: OOP

Result: Accepted off the waitlist (NRC)!

Timestamp: May 23rd, 2:59 pm 

cGPA: 3.83 

CARS: 129 

Casper: Spent about three weeks working on typing speed/familiarizing myself with possible questions/how to structure answers.

Interview: Had just finished my masters when got the interview invite so was really lucky to be able to focus full time for 2 months on interview prep. Thought it went really well right after coming out, but definitely second guessed in the time afterwards. 

Year: Done MSc

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist! Congrats to all those accepted! 

1 hour ago, raptors2019 said:

Result: Accepted off the waitlist (NRC)!

Timestamp: May 23rd, 2:59 pm 

cGPA: 3.83 

Casper: Spent about three weeks working on typing speed/familiarizing myself with possible questions/how to structure answers.

Interview: Had just finished my masters when got the interview invite so was really lucky to be able to focus full time for 2 months on interview prep. Thought it went really well right after coming out, but definitely second guessed in the time afterwards. 

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist! Congrats to all those accepted! 

Same here. I got the email today but nothing after sending the acceptance email. Did you get anything yet ?

2 hours ago, castelprayon said:

Result: Accepted off Waitlist (WRC) Soooo pumped!!!

Timestamp: May 30 10:27am

cGPA: 3.98

Interview: I thought it went well but there were a couple stations that I struggled with. 

Did you get any email post accepting your offer yet?