Premed 101 Forums

OMSAS - Sketch

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey again,

Since high school I have helped out with my dads girlfriends business. It is a country convenience/food/coffee shop. I basically maintain the property (brick repair, painting, fixing problems with the floor, cut the grass) and help with preparing and serving food. I do not get paid for this. Is this okay to put down on my ABS considering it is family? I put many hours into this and I have done so many different things that it has made me much more well-rounded, so I definitely learned a lot.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Your name is on the poster...

Just make sure that you make the details clear (i.e. co-author on a poster that was presented at a conference). I wouldn't mention explicitly that you didn't present it... but that might just be me.

Sorry I know this is from last year... but what if I was co-author on a poster that won a prize at a conference, but I didn't present the poster? Would it be "padding" to list this as an award?

Hey again,

Since high school I have helped out with my dads girlfriends business. It is a country convenience/food/coffee shop. I basically maintain the property (brick repair, painting, fixing problems with the floor, cut the grass) and help with preparing and serving food. I do not get paid for this. Is this okay to put down on my ABS considering it is family? I put many hours into this and I have done so many different things that it has made me much more well-rounded, so I definitely learned a lot.

Thank you

Yes.

Definitely include.

I would still like to receive clarification: If you delete items on your ABS, does it decrease the total number of item slots available?

I've only seen one comment from 2012 that semi-confirms that the total number of slots remains constant (48).

Additionally, are people including school awards from grade 10 and grade 11 (e.g. subject awards), or only awards from grade 12?

I would still like to receive clarification: If you delete items on your ABS, does it decrease the total number of item slots available?

I've only seen one comment from 2012 that semi-confirms that the total number of slots remains constant (48).

Additionally, are people including school awards from grade 10 and grade 11 (e.g. subject awards), or only awards from grade 12?

For the record -- anyone wondering about this either today or next year:

You can delete items without permanently losing slots on your application. I'm at 43 items, I've deleted 3, and I can still add 5 more if I want.

I didn't include any subject awards because they seemed sort of like fillers. I just put main awards like top academic grade 12, etc.

Archived