Premed 101 Forums
trojjanhorse

Official "What are my chances for McMaster" Thread

Would appreciate if anyone here could please chance me as well.

OOP

cGPA 3.65 (I know it's bad but I can maaaybe bring it up to 3.7 over the next 2 semesters).

CARS 130 (should I rewrite to aim for 131/132? Still on the fence about this, someone told me no but since Mac is so competitive..I don't know).

Assume that I do well on CASPer (fast typer, BA, able to think quickly/critically and have taken a biomed ethics class).

Is it possible? What's the lowest GPA you've seen someone OOP get in with? My reasoning is that my lower than average GPA can be made up with my slightly higher than average CARS but I don't know if it works like that in reality lol.

16 minutes ago, VigoVirgo said:

Would appreciate if anyone here could please chance me as well.

OOP

cGPA 3.65 (I know it's bad but I can maaaybe bring it up to 3.7 over the next 2 semesters).

CARS 130 (should I rewrite to aim for 131/132? Still on the fence about this, someone told me no but since Mac is so competitive..I don't know).

Assume that I do well on CASPer (fast typer, BA, able to think quickly/critically and have taken a biomed ethics class).

Is it possible? What's the lowest GPA you've seen someone OOP get in with? My reasoning is that my lower than average GPA can be made up with my slightly higher than average CARS but I don't know if it works like that in reality lol.

Generally, high Casper > high CARS > high GPA (because of the skew)

So you are better off with a low GPA than low CARS or CASPer. I think if you ace Casper you have a pretty good shot

19 hours ago, vino said:

Out of curiosity are you IP or OOP?

Why, what are your thoughts? So much time to go before interview invites... I’m banning myself from premed101 until the new year lol

56 minutes ago, ONMED17 said:

Why, what are your thoughts? So much time to go before interview invites... I’m banning myself from premed101 until the new year lol

I was thinking that for IP it's slightly easier and maybe your chances are better? But correct me if I'm wrong.