Premed 101 Forums
trojjanhorse

Official "What are my chances for McMaster" Thread

Cgpa: 3.58

IP

I get mcat marks back sept 10th and have a rewrite scheduled 4 days after that. I plan to rewrite if I got a 129 or below. Is this wise? Or would it be at all possible to get interview with 3.58 and a 129? 

Any thoughts are appreciated!

This is assuming I do quite well on casper.

1 hour ago, SBrown said:

Cgpa: 3.58

IP

I get mcat marks back sept 10th and have a rewrite scheduled 4 days after that. I plan to rewrite if I got a 129 or below. Is this wise? Or would it be at all possible to get interview with 3.58 and a 129? 

Any thoughts are appreciated!

This is assuming I do quite well on casper.

I am not a fan of chance me threads. For two reasons: 

1) No one is in the admissions committee to give you official advice and 

2) It adds a huge amount of stress to the person who is asking this depending on how people on the forum reply. 

Having said this, your GPA is lower than most applicants and the only way you can compensate is by getting as high a CARS score possible and CASPer given their calculation scheme. 

Your best way of finding out is to apply. Work very hard on the CASPer and practice for it and give it everything you have. 

1 hour ago, wtie said:

cGPA: 4.0 

CARS: 130

CASPER: Unwritten 

IP 

You have a great chance provided you ace the CASPer. Make sure to practice and get expert feedback on it by having others go through it and find flaws and suggestions for improvement. 

This might be a dumb question but what are my chances if I don't bother filling out the ABS? I just want to apply to Mac this year in Ontario and some other schools I like in Canada. 

GPA: 3.93

CARS: 131

CASPer: Unwritten 

On 9/15/2019 at 5:31 PM, Eteca17306 said:

Gpa: 3.62

Cars: 127

I know my scores are terrible but I also know someone who got in last year and was wondering if they’re just a fluke.

Got in with similar stats? Either way, it most definitely was not a fluke. They must have done really well on both the CASPer and MMI