Premed 101 Forums

[Dal] - two most recent consecutive years of study prior

Hey,

Can somebody clarify what Dalhousie means on their admissions page by "two most recent consecutive years of study prior"? Does it mean that you can't mix year 2 and year 4 or does it mean that the years have to be consecutive (IE, 2006, 2007)? I have an undergraduate degree and a masters but have took one year off in between. I'm doing an extra undergraduate year at Dal now to increase my GPA to be a better applicant. Does consecutive years mean that they will use my 4th year and this current year; or my 3rd and 4th year since this year isn't consecutive to my last?

Thanks

J

Did you apply for admissions this cycle? If not then my understanding is that they will use this year plus your 4th year of your undergrad (since they are your most recent consecutive undergrad years) plus all grades from your masters to determine your GPA. But to ensure you get the true answer I would contact the admissions office directly and get their assessment of the situation

thanks guys!

I have sent them an email and am just awaiting reply. I did not apply this year but will next year (well, was hoping too). Somebody mentioned to me that it had to be yearly consecutive which made me panic and realize that I might have either waster 1 year; or committed to an additional year of undergraduate courses. I just wanted some clarification / hope as soon as possible :)

Thanks again!

• 7 years later...