Premed 101 Forums

Cell phones/plans

Clever

It is time for me to upgrade my archaic iphone 3S.

I've been looking at the galaxy S3, but the S4 will be out in less than half a year. Should I wait or get the S3?

I've been with telus for around 7 years now, so would there be a way for me to milk an awesome plan and a get the phone for cheaper? The S3 was on sale for $0 about a month ago for "Samsung days" or something like that, so I would feel like an idiot spending $159 on it now.

My plan right now sucks. I pay like $72 a month for 250 minutes, early evenings, free weekends, unlimited text, voice mail, caller ID, and 500mb data.

I'd like to know what other people are paying and getting so that I could get something that fits me and not pay a lot.

It is time for me to upgrade my archaic iphone 3S.

I've been looking at the galaxy S3, but the S4 will be out in less than half a year. Should I wait or get the S3?

I've been with telus for around 7 years now, so would there be a way for me to milk an awesome plan and a get the phone for cheaper? The S3 was on sale for $0 about a month ago for "Samsung days" or something like that, so I would feel like an idiot spending $159 on it now.

My plan right now sucks. I pay like $72 a month for 250 minutes, early evenings, free weekends, unlimited text, voice mail, caller ID, and 500mb data.

I'd like to know what other people are paying and getting so that I could get something that fits me and not pay a lot.

Please don't tell me you have been paying $72/month for the past 7 years for that plan. That's just a rip off. I know someone with a very similar plan from rogers for $35/months.

Please don't tell me you have been paying $72/month for the past 7 years for that plan. That's just a rip off. I know someone with a very similar plan from rogers for $35/months.

Almost 3 years now. I do want to change it, but I thought I'd check around to see what others are getting and for how much.

fido has the best plans in my opinion. They are pretty cheap and its on Rogers network which i personally think is the best network (so many times I'll have reception on my iphone but my friends beside me on telus wont)

They have an awesome city plan for $35 month which includes unlimited everything (talk+text+evenings etc). My friend uses this instead of a home phone :P It only applies if you live in a city though (I think there are 10 cities?) Awesome part is if you go to any of those other cities (Toronot, Vancouvr, Montreal, Ottawa etc) you get to keep and use the plan - no long distance! :D You can also add and combine combo style.

So I added unlimited data (well 6GB but I never reached that in past 3 years) for $30 (But this is a promo - not regular price ...I think its still on though - it comes around whenever there is a new phone in town)

Archived