Premed 101 Forums

Canada recruiting MDs in India

st8ic

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh here we go... it seems we have encountered a religious guy...

http://global3.memecdn.com/pokemon-card-meme_o_118549.gif

ITS A GIF btw!!! So for all you retards out there... the picture moves... wait for it! I kid... I kid... hahaha... it was a funny gif... hopefully I get some responses...

My days of posting are almost over... I'm graduating soon... so, Im going out with a BLAST!!!

No, I'm an atheist. I'm referring to how you both write long posts which makes no coherent sense, and... punctuate... every... word... with... ellipses...

no, my posts are just evasive and therefore seemingly nebulous as i leave out essential points because they're to do with high ranking people... so i seem to have no point except rage... because i can't talk about a 10th of what i've seen, i just like david's posts

plus he's an atheis where i believe in a higer organizing conciousness.. so nope, sorry

Are David and Muse the same person? I find both of their posts equally schizophrenic....

what if you could replace a cmg... at the cost of training of 0 prior to res... we would need less med school spots... of course, i only advocate this if you're an elite candidate etc. and 99 percent of time when i refer to img's i mean foreign born img's

I don't post here too often since, as an IMG, I don't have to much in common with the usual pre-meds, but in this case I just have to point out a few details from this article that are tangentially said, still are more important than the whole aticle.

Here is the first one -

...this, IMO, supposes that the government would simply exploit those IMGs as qualified, still cheap workers - they wouldn't sign a LOR but a contract; if a CMG costs to the province some 150K/year and most of them would have the right to be picky with the place of practice, those poor IMGs would have to accept any conditions because this is a "favor", right :)

- this one I wouldn't even comment, it's just an obvious fallacy, still .....hey !!! maybe I should use this link for my Personal Statement next year, when I would apply through CaRMS, what do you think.... :)

just another hipocritical article about another hypocritical project

Ok; what is the problem here?

I know there are surpluses of doctors in some regions, but most IMG doctors are going to R&R areas. I personally come from a rural area, and wouldn't mind practicing in one, but there are a lot of people who don't share that opinion. Additionally, someone mentioned a queue for IMG into this country; if we take in doctors we are facilitating well qualified professionals, something that will help our country!

what if you could replace a cmg... at the cost of training of 0 prior to res... we would need less med school spots... of course, i only advocate this if you're an elite candidate etc. and 99 percent of time when i refer to img's i mean foreign born img's

Even if I am an IMG (and foreign born), I think it's a stupid idea to replace those CMGs with an IMG; what would be the difference between Canada and other countries, in this case, which these IMGs come from (they are f**ked up in they own countries with salaries, nepotism, bribes,...)?

Your gouvernment does have to care about you, that's why you consider yourself as part of it. Otherwise, you would be that one who would install your practice abroud, wouldn't you ? :)

Ok; what is the problem here?

I know there are surpluses of doctors in some regions, but most IMG doctors are going to R&R areas. I personally come from a rural area, and wouldn't mind practicing in one, but there are a lot of people who don't share that opinion. Additionally, someone mentioned a queue for IMG into this country; if we take in doctors we are facilitating well qualified professionals, something that will help our country!

The problem is when there are already thousands of IMG from India who have citizenship, have taken 4-5 Canadian Exams to prove their knowledge, apply countless times to carms, have master and PhD degrees from Canadian University, some are working as PA/Nurses/Lab Techs, etc.

These Canadians weren't given this opportunity yet the system is telling them to continue taking LCMEE while we find someone in another country.

This isn't about people not wanting to live in a rural area because I'm 100% sure if given the option most IMG would jump at the chance. How do I know this? Well considering that IMG sign the ROS to even apply for CARMS states they don't mind living in rural areas.

The problem is when there are already thousands of IMG from India who have citizenship, have taken 4-5 Canadian Exams to prove their knowledge, apply countless times to carms, have master and PhD degrees from Canadian University, some are working as PA/Nurses/Lab Techs, etc.

These Canadians weren't given this opportunity yet the system is telling them to continue taking LCMEE while we find someone in another country.

This isn't about people not wanting to live in a rural area because I'm 100% sure if given the option most IMG would jump at the chance. How do I know this? Well considering that IMG sign the ROS to even apply for CARMS states they don't mind living in rural areas.

Would they sign it if they had to spend their entire practicing years serving in a rural area? I doubt it. They know after 5 years they can venture about.

Would they sign it if they had to spend their entire practicing years serving in a rural area? I doubt it. They know after 5 years they can venture about.

If the opportunity was given I'm sure you would find a high percentage who would still sign it. Also we are unsure of what types of contracts these Indian doctors will be given.

Now shouldn't these town be given the opportunity to have a Canadian trained (residency) IMG for 5 years than someone who has no Canadian training. Should the standards of residency and board certification only be held for big cities?

Sure, let's play musical physicians on people. Forget continuity of care...

Sure but 5 years is a long time - even CMGs move around a lot or change their practise patterns. I don't think shifting family doctors every five years hurts - it actually might be better to get a fresh perspective every once and a while.

Sure, let's play musical physicians on people. Forget continuity of care...

I am not so original as you may think, it's not me that invented that :)

this is already in place in Canada, or you will tell me that every CMG/IMG that is working now, here and there, have taken the spot right after graduation and will happily keep it untill the retirement,

and BTW, continuity of care =/= from keeping MDs in the same place with the ROS

well, you're forgetting, the path is about 4-5 years, so by then, they are citizens, and we train too many doctors in med school here, im against p/f, far prefer american meritocratic system, so cud bottom quarter or trainees, save 50 million a year, and take the best img's.... if you want i could tell you about the saudis who pay us to train their medical grads in plastics rads only to go back to saudi

maybe the indian people for cheap balance them out

Even if I am an IMG (and foreign born), I think it's a stupid idea to replace those CMGs with an IMG; what would be the difference between Canada and other countries, in this case, which these IMGs come from (they are f**ked up in they own countries with salaries, nepotism, bribes,...)?

Your gouvernment does have to care about you, that's why you consider yourself as part of it. Otherwise, you would be that one who would install your practice abroud, wouldn't you ? :)

You guys are analyzing it wrong... medical school training takes a very long time... not only do you need a degree but for some... it takes 5-6 years to get in... why don't we follow a European system where students can apply directly from high school... undergrad education will be taught in the first two years... (includes courses relevant to the medical field... and NO ENGLISH you're not included... F##K YOU ENGLISH F##K YOU...) and then the next 4 years we could start teaching them material taught in the first four years of medical school...

If we implement this system in Saskatchewan... theres a much less chance that people will write the MCAT and go elsewhere...

mmmm, you may get more yesses than you think, i suspect there would be a shift of foreign poluations rurally too tho

my doctor sais the 6 year system is better too, and my roomie studies in the medical building and thinks medical student here have a joke of a time... from his descriptions i think he may be right

you're pretty angry though, you need to chill guy, it's only english, lol

You guys are analyzing it wrong... medical school training takes a very long time... not only do you need a degree but for some... it takes 5-6 years to get in... why don't we follow a European system where students can apply directly from high school... undergrad education will be taught in the first two years... (includes courses relevant to the medical field... and NO ENGLISH you're not included... F##K YOU ENGLISH F##K YOU...) and then the next 4 years we could start teaching them material taught in the first four years of medical school...

If we implement this system in Saskatchewan... theres a much less chance that people will write the MCAT and go elsewhere...

well, you're forgetting, the path is about 4-5 years, so by then, they are citizens, and we train too many doctors in med school here, im against p/f, far prefer american meritocratic system, so cud bottom quarter or trainees, save 50 million a year, and take the best img's.... if you want i could tell you about the saudis who pay us to train their medical grads in plastics rads only to go back to saudi

maybe the indian people for cheap balance them out

well, you are speaking about too many things in the same post, which are not necessarily related to the topic:

let me put it in this way - speaking about meritocracy in US - I didn't hear about: the ratio of US IMG:non-US IMG is the same as(more or less) CSA IMG:non-CSA IMG, in favor of the first one...

you are saying "taking the best" - so we have a pool of 1500 - 1700 IMG yearly in Canada, each year get matched "the best" 250-300; it's not even the best 25% from this pool; do you mean these 25% wouldn't be a fit to practice in canada,

and speaking about saudi student, this is completely different food, canada is not assuming the responsibility for they study and further practice, they are the ones who pay for services, like an independent student who decides that at certain univ some courses are better,

my doctor sais the 6 year system is better too, and my roomie studies in the medical building and thinks medical student here have a joke of a time... from his descriptions i think he may be right

you're pretty angry though, you need to chill guy, it's only english, lol

Can't chill did Eng 110 in first year... had a friend in another section... worked on the essays together... had similar points... edited each others essays... she got 10% higher than me... F##K YOU ENGLISH... YOU BIASED SON OF B!ATCH!!!

what gives you the impression that these newly recruited foreign physicians have easier exams to pass? every IMG goes through the same crap before they are licenced to practice. those immigrated drs. you speak of took 4-5 exams and are doing other jobs because they couldn't pass.

I feel that continuity of care, while important, is of lower priority than actually receiving the care they need. At least this way, the govt has another 5 years to think things through.

Continuity of care may not be a problem when you're healthy but how about when sick? Imagine having an illness like diabetes, heart disease, lung disease, etc (all higher in rural areas by the way) and having your primary care doctor, likely the only one able to treat you, take off because their ROS contract is up to be replaced by a new ROS contract doctor that now has to try and learn not only your history (if they'll even take you on since we know doctors just LOVE to treat people with time consuming health problems) but the history of everyone else as well?

Archived