Premed 101 Forums

Canada recruiting MDs in India

st8ic

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All you guys are selfish b@stards (JK... JK... You guys complete me)... instead of thinking about rural areas... how about the places that these IMG's are coming from... is it justifiable to aggregate the problem in places where people need as much of help as they can get... HOW ABOUT BANNING IMG's COMPLETELY...

All you guys are selfish b@stards (JK... JK... You guys complete me)... instead of thinking about rural areas... how about the places that these IMG's are coming from... is it justifiable to aggregate the problem in places where people need as much of help as they can get... HOW ABOUT BANNING IMG's COMPLETELY...

Oooooh !!! You are so altruistically oriented in those global matters !!!

Tell me more about your 2 week volunteering experience in the nearest hospital, and how that changed the entire Canadian healthcare !!!

Oooooh !!! You are so altruistically oriented in those global matters !!!

Tell me more about your 2 week volunteering experience in the nearest hospital, and how that changed the entire Canadian healthcare !!!

Bro.. nearest hospital... hahaha... yeah for pansy a$$ f##kers like you... come over to my level... where you spend a month in Cambodia... and really get to know how harsh life is... its b!tches like you that take no plight in the suffering of others... hahaha... have you been outside of Canada dokrbb? Or have you been staying at home twiddling with your prick and shoving your finger up your a$$?

the programs called Vmad... if you have a change of heart... but knowing the sh!t little f##ker you are... I'm sure volunteering at a hospital would suffice no?! Going there... providing comfort to the patients... coming home to the luxuries of living in a well developed country, etc... posting sh!t here and there... b!tch I wanna fight you now... wanna meet sometime on campus? I'll r@pe the shiznit outta you...

Bro.. nearest hospital... hahaha... yeah for pansy a$$ f##kers like you... come over to my level... where you spend a month in Cambodia... and really get to know how harsh life is... its b!tches like you that take no plight in the suffering of others... hahaha... have you been outside of Canada dokrbb? Or have you been staying at home twiddling with your prick and shoving your finger up your a$$?

the programs called Vmad... if you have a change of heart... but knowing the sh!t little f##ker you are... I'm sure volunteering at a hospital would suffice no?! Going there... providing comfort to the patients... coming home to the luxuries of living in a well developed country, etc... posting sh!t here and there... b!tch I wanna fight you now... wanna meet sometime on campus? I'll r@pe the shiznit outta you...

content needs revising

calm down little boy, expire....., inspire....., got it?

I will tell you a secret, I was born outside Canada, and spent my first 25 years in conditions your selfish frontal lobe can't even imagine... in my 16th, I wasn't even sure I would be able to continue my studies after graduating the high school, ,,,that's definitely not you that would tell me what though conditions look like..., and how motivated one should be in order to overcome them, or likely piece of sh***t !!!!

I am sure you are a BADASS, that's what you try to convince others, and yourself, I am sure; otherwise, why would you use this nickname and the image on your profile ?

...but, just chill out BRO..., I wouldn't tell to anyone that you are coward, insecure piece of ....something, :)

you gave an opinion, which is a childish and narrow-minded one, I explained you why... , don't agree - use the arguments, not insults

and just anticipating your NEXT insulting message, I wouldn't give a sh***t to it, don't expect me to write another pointless message, bro!!!

So why not admit a proportion of canadian medical students on track for a "restricted permit"?

why to do so?

the restricted permit(applicable to Quebec, didn't check for another provinces) is a permit given to MDs whose specialties are in need, it is given only for one year (with the option to prolong yearly), and I think the college asks only for EE MCC to be passed, but...there are some conditions:

-you have to be a graduate from not only an accredited medschool but also whose residency training is not too different from the canadian one,

- your specialty must be really in a shortage here,

only these two points limit the nr of countries potentially acceptable...there are others, less important, but taking only those two criteria you would have mostly MDs from France, Belgium, Swiss coming and being easily accepted....

and I have nothing against this, it's just what we have now...

calm down little boy, expire....., inspire....., got it?

I will tell you a secret, I was born outside Canada, and spent my first 25 years in conditions your selfish frontal lobe can't even imagine... in my 16th, I wasn't even sure I would be able to continue my studies after graduating the high school, ,,,that's definitely not you that would tell me what though conditions look like..., and how motivated one should be in order to overcome them, or likely piece of sh***t !!!!

I am sure you are a BADASS, that's what you try to convince others, and yourself, I am sure; otherwise, why would you use this nickname and the image on your profile ?

...but, just chill out BRO..., I wouldn't tell to anyone that you are coward, insecure piece of ....something, :)

you gave an opinion, which is a childish and narrow-minded one, I explained you why... , don't agree - use the arguments, not insults

and just anticipating your NEXT insulting message, I wouldn't give a sh***t to it, don't expect me to write another pointless message, bro!!!

Well... its seems I succeeded in riling you up that is... hahahaha... yeah picture is bada$$ aint it... I hope you get in this year man! Being a 30 year old and having applied so many times... I hope you get in one day or the other... maintain hope bro! If you don't get in when you're 50... message me, I'll arrange something so you can go to the Carribeans or something...

why to do so?

the restricted permit(applicable to Quebec, didn't check for another provinces) is a permit given to MDs whose specialties are in need, it is given only for one year (with the option to prolong yearly), and I think the college asks only for EE MCC to be passed, but...there are some conditions:

-you have to be a graduate from not only an accredited medschool but also whose residency training is not too different from the canadian one,

- your specialty must be really in a shortage here,

only these two points limit the nr of countries potentially acceptable...there are others, less important, but taking only those two criteria you would have mostly MDs from France, Belgium, Swiss coming and being easily accepted....

and I have nothing against this, it's just what we have now...

Hi thanks, but actually I meant restricted permits for CMGs, to ensure a greater number practicing in the areas where more physicians and surgeons are needed?

Hi thanks, but actually I meant restricted permits for CMGs, to ensure a greater number practicing in the areas where more physicians and surgeons are needed?

this i think is actually a good idea.

make it so that they agree upon the restricted practice from the beginning of med school education (separate categories for admission)

this is how medschool admissions are organized in australia who also face similar rural concerns as we do (they also have different tuition grades)

this i think is actually a good idea.

make it so that they agree upon the restricted practice from the beginning of med school education (separate categories for admission)

this is how medschool admissions are organized in australia who also face similar rural concerns as we do (they also have different tuition grades)

Yeah, this is what I had in mind as well. Didn't know it's already being used in Australia.

Seems more logical and efficient to just use restricted licensing rather than crude guesswork to admit "those most likely to practice in rural areas" but with no actual binding restrictions on graduates' medical licenses (NOSM, UBC come to mind)

I think here there was some issues with the thought of having a two tier system which very likely would put family medicine on a lower level. The college of family medicine is very resistant to anything that would shift things to make appear family medicine is less valuable or important.

From a student point of view I would imagine that any path way into medicine school would find competitive students applying in the current environment.

yes, I know you meant CMGs, I just thought for Canada it's an unreal plan due to the autonomy of the profession and so on, but there is a form of restricted permit for those CMGs matched in the second round who sign a ROS,

and the procedures you mentioned above are applied in some European countries as well, with a slight difference - candidates with the best result on the exams (special exam required to be passed before entering into residency) have the right to choose the specialty without restrictions, whereas those with weaker scores have to accept contractual positions, a kind of ROS bound position, but not sure about the duration, I think it's for 5 years or something...

Archived