Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dr.No

To those who got in after multiple interviews..

Don't practice too much.

I got in after my 4th application (had interviewed all 3 years prior). Previously, I had obsessed over practicing my interviewing, joining multiple practice groups etc... This past year I just did a couple of practice sessions with 2 other students and that was it.

You can't practice being yourself

I practiced A LOT for the UBC MMI. In general, I think practicing helped me organize my thoughts and express my ideas more coherently. If anything, it helped with my nerves knowing that I've practiced it hundreds of times. I didn't prepare for my other interviews because I practiced for the UBC MMI. Although the other interviews were different, I felt like practicing for the UBC MMI paid off. Also, I found like panel interviews were very easy and laid back.

Hi Applepie,

As this is my first time applying, and I was educated in Europe (which has an entirely different system), I was hoping that you could provide some insight into how a person can best prepare for the MMI. I don't have a peer group who has gone through the Canadian medical school application system, so any and all suggestions would be enthusiastically welcomed! Thanks so much ... and happy new year!

I practiced A LOT for the UBC MMI. In general, I think practicing helped me organize my thoughts and express my ideas more coherently. If anything, it helped with my nerves knowing that I've practiced it hundreds of times. I didn't prepare for my other interviews because I practiced for the UBC MMI. Although the other interviews were different, I felt like practicing for the UBC MMI paid off. Also, I found like panel interviews were very easy and laid back.