UofT Interview Invites/Regrets (2013)

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Result: Rejection

Format: Email (4:01 pm)

cGPA: 3.99

MCAT: PS, VR, BS, WS - 13, 13, 15, R

ECs; Sports, clubs,, extensive research (publications, conference presentations (local, international), NSERC)Competitive soccer since I was young, played varsity soccer (captain), coached soccer, volunteered for about 6 months of 2.5 hrs a week in hospital, worked for about 6 months as a front desk agent for a medical hotel, Relay for life committee chair, several scholarships and awards, TA, play in the university band

Essays: much effort put into them, I was really happy with my the application by that point

Year: Phd completed

ECs; Sports, clubs,, extensive research (publications, conference presentations (local, international), NSERC)Competitive soccer since I was young, played varsity soccer (captain), coached soccer, volunteered for about 6 months of 2.5 hrs a week in hospital, worked for about 6 months as a front desk agent for a medical hotel, Relay for life committee chair, several scholarships and awards, TA, play in the university band

Essays: much effort put into them, I was really happy with my the application by that point

Really?! You must be joking about the rejection. Your application is like mine on steroids plus PhD.

Everything looks stellar...must be either bad luck, or your essays got flagged. What a shame!

Obviously trolling

If people are trolling, what's the point of doing it here? It's not provoking any emotion in anyone - meaning if it is a troll then it fails by default. Are there really this many liars who just lie on premed101 for the sake of nothing?

If people are trolling, what's the point of doing it here? It's not provoking any emotion in anyone - meaning if it is a troll then it fails by default. Are there really this many liars who just lie on premed101 for the sake of nothing?
Scrolling through other people's ECS it looks like that guy just took the highlights of everyone else's ECs and put them together under his name... A lot of them look really familiar.

To anyone on the interview waitlist, I'll most likely be withdrawing my UofT interview. I would go, but it's now too close to finals, so behind from previous interview trips, and... I got into my first choice :cool:. I really hope one of you on the extra list gets an invite now!!

Scrolling through other people's ECS it looks like that guy just took the highlights of everyone else's ECs and put them together under his name... A lot of them look really familiar.

Someone was trolling the boards last year about their MD/PhD interviews / acceptance.... I don't know why people do this. It's ridiculous.

To those on the waitlist: I contacted Leslie earlier today to decline my interview this weekend (Toronto is too far for me to travel, especially since I've already been accepted by my first choice). Hopefully this helps someone out there!

And finally it arrives . . .

TIME STAMP: 2:49 PM, April 4, 2013

Result: Reject

wGPA: 3.7 (Mostly higher, brought down by a couple of bad semesters)

MCAT: 9/12/12/S

ECs: Average, highly varied (i.e. many short, 3 to 6 month commitments). Honours research (no pubs), sports coaching, some leadership, travel experience (12 months, high school)

Essays: Average to good, spent quite a bit of time on them

Year: 4th UG

OOP

Curious to know how many other notices went out today.

And finally it arrives . . .

TIME STAMP: 2:49 PM, April 4, 2013

Result: Reject

wGPA: 3.7 (Mostly higher, brought down by a couple of bad semesters)

MCAT: 9/12/12/S

ECs: Average, highly varied (i.e. many short, 3 to 6 month commitments). Honours research (no pubs), sports coaching, some leadership, travel experience (12 months, high school)

Essays: Average to good, spent quite a bit of time on them

Year: 4th UG

OOP

Curious to know how many other notices went out today.

Reject: 1.49 PM

GPA: 3.98

MCAT: 12/10/13/R

ECs. Above average, research solid with 2 publications(2nd author), many awards/scholarships.

Essays: spent lot of time, felt good but I guess they didn't like them

Year: 3rd

IP

So I was FINALLY rejected... (now that interviews are all done)

Timestamp: April 10th, 11:40 EST

wGPA: 3.99

MCAT: 12/7/14/R

ECs. Above average, research solid with publications, many awards/scholarships, humanitarian trips.

Essays: Spent a good amount of time on them

Year: Completed UG

OOP

With my MCAT... I dunno why I was not rejected earlier...

So I was FINALLY rejected... (now that interviews are all done)

Timestamp: April 10th, 11:40 EST

wGPA: 3.99

MCAT: 12/7/14/R

ECs. Above average, research solid with publications, many awards/scholarships, humanitarian trips.

Essays: Spent a good amount of time on them

Year: Completed UG

OOP

MCAT is only a flag at UofT... having one section under the 9/9/9/N cut off likely isn't a big concern.

I'm more interested in how late you were rejected - either they forgot about your file, or you were on the waitlist and incredibly close to the interview cut-offs.

Best of luck.

I think you were very close to being invited. This probably makes it even worse, lol. But at least it means you're a very competitive applicant and with a little boost (maybe the MCAT again) you might be able to make it into the interviewee pool next cycle.

I was initially rejected from Ottawa when I was among the next 3 candidates on the interview rank list so I can somewhat relate to this feeling. Sorry it didn't work out this year. This degree of waiting is just torture. :(

Archived