Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol she's 16 and I'm 20. I think that's legally ok? I just don't know how we'd match maturity-wise.

My husband and I have a six year age difference - I was 18 and he was 24 when we met.

16 and 20 is legal. You may very well be at a similar spot maturity-wise, or you may not. I would, however, imagine that parents would be a far greater problem than maturity differences. One of my best friends in high school dated a 21 year old friend of mine when she was 16, and while the relationship was fun for both of them, her parents were none too pleased with my friend for dating their daughter (or their daughter for dating him!)

I know someone who stepped aside and waited two years before phoning and asking for a date, at which point maturity no longer was an issue and they progressed from there.

oh God. In 2 years who knows what will happen. I'm not going to wait that long. I have no intention of making the girl pressured to have sex or anything but I don't think simply dating her will be detrimental. She has a very good personality and she's my sister's close(est) friend so I have seen her in many different contexts acting quite mature and intelligent. She is still in a different stage of life, but I think as time progresses we'll be able to align our maturity levels (if it even gets that far lol)

oh God. In 2 years who knows what will happen. I'm not going to wait that long. I have no intention of making the girl pressured to have sex or anything but I don't think simply dating her will be detrimental. She has a very good personality and she's my sister's close(est) friend so I have seen her in many different contexts acting quite mature and intelligent. She is still in a different stage of life, but I think as time progresses we'll be able to align our maturity levels (if it even gets that far lol)

If you really want to date her then I say go for it! All that matters is that you two are happy!

Hah as a ridiculously immature 21 year old let me tell you, stay away from the young ones. It gets really annoying, especially how they don't know the rules of conduct and boundaries. Remember what you were like at 16, cringe, realize you don't want this and move on

Speaking of being ridiculously immature, I impulse bought a guitar today. I passed it off as an "early graduation gift to myself"

Hah as a ridiculously immature 21 year old let me tell you, stay away from the young ones. It gets really annoying, especially how they don't know the rules of conduct and boundaries. Remember what you were like at 16, cringe, realize you don't want this and move on

Speaking of being ridiculously immature, I impulse bought a guitar today. I passed it off as an "early graduation gift to myself"

Lol what did you get? 

How come?

I get vertigo/motion sickness in those things. I'm fine if i take a gravol before going, but something about that doesn't seem okay.

In related news, has anyone seen the new Jurassic Park trailer? I'm a bit worried they will ruin the franchise. Jurassic Park films were my favourites growing up.

I get vertigo/motion sickness in those things. I'm fine if i take a gravol before going, but something about that doesn't seem okay.

In related news, has anyone seen the new Jurassic Park trailer? I'm a bit worried they will ruin the franchise. Jurassic Park films were my favourites growing up.

I agree, the trailer makes it look like Jurassic World isn't going to be a good continuation of the franchise - it looks like a standard monster movie, but with dinosaurs in it! - but I'm still going to go see it. My daughter loves dinosaurs and my son is a movie buff like me, so we'll be seeing it for sure (once I have more info on if it wouldn't be totally inappropriate to take my four year old, anyway.)

I agree, the trailer makes it look like Jurassic World isn't going to be a good continuation of the franchise - it looks like a standard monster movie, but with dinosaurs in it! - but I'm still going to go see it. My daughter loves dinosaurs and my son is a movie buff like me, so we'll be seeing it for sure (once I have more info on if it wouldn't be totally inappropriate to take my four year old, anyway.)

yeah i'm going to see it because i think dinosaurs are so cool. When i was a kid i wanted to be a paleontologist.

And they're not even all from the Jurassic period. :( It should be Mesozoic Park/World or something...

Great resource from the AAMC:

http://aamc.financialliteracy101.org/new_welcome.cfm

Thanks MathToMed! There is a LOT of stuff here!

And funny that today money is what is on my mind. Finally got paid on some work I did a long time ago but it's mostly going to billz, sigh (bills is spelt with a "z" when you have too many of them, for those who didn't know).

Archived