Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/16/2018 at 6:04 PM, la marzocco said:

One day without coffee... my irritability and headache speak to my caffeine addiction. I used to have this under control! How did it get so bad haha :eek:

ha, one day here the power went out so the tim horton's had to shut down. There was some very bad times for the radiologists here. There may be a collective problem :)

I have a completely different success story from most here.  I’ve just been accepted to a PhD program in Aging and Health!  I will be a very different kind of doctor from most posters here, should I make it through the program, but I am determined to do so.  There is actually a shortage of RD PhDs, so programs that train dietitians are having a hard time filling the faculty positions that are required for them to remain accredited (a certain number of faculty members need to have both the PhD and the RD in order for the program to remain accredited to teach future RDs).  I’m SO happy and delighted!

I can’t wait to start my program this fall!

1 hour ago, NutritionRunner said:

I have a completely different success story from most here.  I’ve just been accepted to a PhD program in Aging and Health!  I will be a very different kind of doctor from most posters here, should I make it through the program, but I am determined to do so.  There is actually a shortage of RD PhDs, so programs that train dietitians are having a hard time filling the faculty positions that are required for them to remain accredited (a certain number of faculty members need to have both the PhD and the RD in order for the program to remain accredited to teach future RDs).  I’m SO happy and delighted!

Hearty Congratulations!! :P

On 4/19/2018 at 7:56 PM, NutritionRunner said:

awesome news! good luck!

an example of hospital security that cracked me up today - accessing what is a very benign website to get an image for a presentation our web server replied:

This Page Cannot Be Displayed

Based on your organization's access policies, access to this web site ( https://www.smbc-comics.com/ ) has been blocked because the web category "Humor" is not allowed.

If you have questions, please contact the Helpdesk at 613-761-HELP ( ITHelpdesk@toh.on.ca ) and provide the codes shown below.

You can joke that you aren't allowed to have fun at work. Apparently officially humor isn't allowed in my case :)

1 hour ago, Dermviser said:

wtf? is that allowed?

ha a blast from the past - actually yes it is - you can be scheduled for home call for three days in a row for instance, and have every single one of those home call days converted into full overnight call shifts - with no stop action and all that. Then you are kind of stuck because while you are allowed by the rules a post call day you are also the only person actually working that day on some services. Your presence is kind of important and indeed critical for patient care - now if that is at all likely to happen they aren't supposed to schedule for back to back home call shifts - but traditionally those were radiology shifts and only now with every increasing demand on imaging is there an issue - the system has yet to catch up.

On 4/30/2018 at 5:42 PM, rmorelan said:

6 weeks until the royal college exam! Tomorrow is our multiple choice exam. Where does the time go ha :)

Hope everyone is gearing up for a good summer - weather at least has started to behave!

Good luck rmorelan! May the force be with you! :) 

Doing all intensive surgical rotations during this wonderful summer time -_- At least only 2 months to go for PGY1!!!! 

On 5/3/2018 at 12:49 AM, Mithril said:

Buying an expensive car is sometimes more headache than it's worth.

I thought the Tesla buying experience was supposed to be exceptionally simple? More of a concierge experience than a typical dealership one.

I picked up my new car last week. I was referred to a fleet manager by a colleague and the process couldn't have been easier. Got a great deal up front, fair offer on my trade-in, signed the papers and a week and a half later they had done the dealer trade, flat bedded it over to us, tinted it and wrapped the front and it was ready for me to go. I popped in after work, handed over a certified cheque and the manager spent an hour with me going over everything and I drove off. Been hooning it around lately and it is amazing. A complete pig on gas though (and I'm really not looking forward to the gas prices this summer), but I wasn't ready to give up ICEs yet. This is close to my last chance to get a fun, sporty gas car before it makes more sense for me to get either an electric car, an SUV/minivan, or both.

9 hours ago, cleanup said:

I thought the Tesla buying experience was supposed to be exceptionally simple? More of a concierge experience than a typical dealership one.

I picked up my new car last week. I was referred to a fleet manager by a colleague and the process couldn't have been easier. Got a great deal up front, fair offer on my trade-in, signed the papers and a week and a half later they had done the dealer trade, flat bedded it over to us, tinted it and wrapped the front and it was ready for me to go. I popped in after work, handed over a certified cheque and the manager spent an hour with me going over everything and I drove off. Been hooning it around lately and it is amazing. A complete pig on gas though (and I'm really not looking forward to the gas prices this summer), but I wasn't ready to give up ICEs yet. This is close to my last chance to get a fun, sporty gas car before it makes more sense for me to get either an electric car, an SUV/minivan, or both.

congrats. what'd you get??

14 hours ago, cleanup said:

It is simple. But since I got my car it's been keyed once, the front plate holder adhesive has failed, and I've had to get a loud rattle fixed.

33 minutes ago, Mithril said:

It is simple. But since I got my car it's been keyed once, the front plate holder adhesive has failed, and I've had to get a loud rattle fixed.

Certainly not issues isolated to Tesla or luxury vehicles in general. Could be restated as "vehicle ownership has its headaches." Every car I've owned has had a niggle here or there or an issue or two I've had to re-visit the dealership for.

The keying sucks though. Hope you didn't do anything to deserve it. :)

5 hours ago, cleanup said:

Certainly not issues isolated to Tesla or luxury vehicles in general. Could be restated as "vehicle ownership has its headaches." Every car I've owned has had a niggle here or there or an issue or two I've had to re-visit the dealership for.. :)

Sure, but much more expensive to fix on a luxury car.

Archived