Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait for this cycle to be over. The interviewing process is way more stressful than I thought it would be--especially when it is over a relatively protracted period of time. Here's to hoping that I receive at least one acceptance by the end of all of this so I don't have to go through it again!

Can't wait for this cycle to be over. The interviewing process is way more stressful than I thought it would be--especially when it is over a relatively protracted period of time. Here's to hoping that I receive at least one acceptance by the end of all of this so I don't have to go through it again!

YES, THIS.

I find all of a sudden the decision day comes up and it's like 'WAIT, I actually like my Schrödinger's cat status!!!!'  :P

I'm guessing you're waiting for Ontario? Good luck! 

Yep. Same here. Especially applying out East with the November interviews, I feel like I've been constantly stressed about something related to applications since last summer. Luckily, Dal sent letters in March, so I can't complain, but it's definitely an exhausting process  

Yup, Ontario and a few others out west.

Thanks! 

And yourself?

Accepted to McGill 2020 :) I did apply to some Ontario schools this year though (and in past cycles), so I can appreciate the OMSAS pain haha

Haha I felt this way about interviews and now about the final results. 

It took me forever to finally check my status, I kept chickening out lol

Congrats to all those who have been accepted so far! So exciting.

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow because my old volunteer manager at the local hospital asked me to help volunteer for a school program at the hospital. I said yes as a favor to her because she needed people to help out, but I've done it once before it is quite boring. And to make things worst its a 6 hour shift tomorrow. Without getting into details, the position involves almost literally doing nothing. I probably sound pretty whiny but hey I just needed to rant a little about that.

Congrats to all those who have been accepted so far! So exciting.

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow because my old volunteer manager at the local hospital asked me to help volunteer for a school program at the hospital. I said yes as a favor to her because she needed people to help out, but I've done it once before it is quite boring. And to make things worst its a 6 hour shift tomorrow. Without getting into details, the position involves almost literally doing nothing. I probably sound pretty whiny but hey I just needed to rant a little about that.

In a strange twist of events I actually enjoyed my shift and stayed for an hour longer. Not totally sure why this was different than the first time. I think I just tried to take a more keen interest in it. Good attitude to have I think for premed volunteering and medicine too maybe. You never know what you might enjoy!

Keeping a house "guests coming soon" tidy with seven birds, three cats, a dog, and two kids is a hell of a feat. Office/guest room is done up and the kids have been warned to leave the guest bathroom alone.

I'm really excited to be having two applicants staying with us this weekend. I'm also speaking at the post interview session on Sunday. Such a fantastic time for all those applicants!

Keeping a house "guests coming soon" tidy with seven birds, three cats, a dog, and two kids is a hell of a feat. Office/guest room is done up and the kids have been warned to leave the guest bathroom alone.

I'm really excited to be having two applicants staying with us this weekend. I'm also speaking at the post interview session on Sunday. Such a fantastic time for all those applicants!

You knocked it out of the park!! Your home is magical.

ha always fun :)

coming out of the major radiology testing phase for the year. Now I have to get back to real studying instead of endless test prep.

ha always fun :)

coming out of the major radiology testing phase for the year. Now I have to get back to real studying instead of endless test prep.

There's testing throughout residency too?

I just had a radiology resident (went to U of O for med before matching here) as a clinical skills preceptor and she was pretty intense. Fantastic resource for learning - she knew so much about everything. It's a bit intimidating that you guys basically need to be able to connect what you see on imaging to any pathology in any system, and that some of those findings can be so subtle. I don't envy your testing.

There's testing throughout residency too?

I just had a radiology resident (went to U of O for med before matching here) as a clinical skills preceptor and she was pretty intense. Fantastic resource for learning - she knew so much about everything. It's a bit intimidating that you guys basically need to be able to connect what you see on imaging to any pathology in any system, and that some of those findings can be so subtle. I don't envy your testing.

we have more testing than any other specialty (I believe - although that is a grand statement to make I know). We have 2x daily one hour rounds where we are giving cases, and at least 3 major tests a year, plus up to two oral exams and of course the usual quizing during read out as well.

Got to say on your toes :)

Archived