Premed 101 Forums

Schulich Medicine Admissions

Got an interview at Schulich Medicine? Just interested in what it's like to be a med student? Check out the Schulich Medicine website for prospective students, created and maintained by medical students at the School.

For those with interviews, it's got information on billeting, interview weekends, and more!

There's also more general information about the School--for example, on our prospective website you'll find info on class schedules, extracurricular opportunities and the application process. Be sure to check back regularly for updates during the application cycle.

http://www.uwomeds.com/prospective/

Also be sure to check out the official Schulich Medicine Admissions website at: http://www.schulich.uwo.ca/admissions/medicine

• 1 year later...

Any word on the interview invite date for this year/2015?

Wondering if every Ontario school I applied to will get back to me within the next week and a half, with the exception of UofT (though still a possibility). I applied to Mac, Western, Queen's and UofT. :)

As per the OMSAS guide - "February 28-March 1, 2015, and March 28-29, 2015"

At the beginning of this document: http://www.ouac.on.ca/docs/omsas/b_omsas_e.pdf

Western MD, Queen's MD, and Ottawa MD programs usually release their invites on the same day, which is the last Friday of Jan. It is likely Jan 30th this year.

not sure if that is any kind of plan though - western's dates have wandered all over the past - as has Queens in the past. I certainly will be soon though for all!

Western MD, Queen's MD, and Ottawa MD programs usually release their invites on the same day, which is the last Friday of Jan. It is likely Jan 30th this year.

While they tend to come close together, don't think they're linked at all. Pretty sure my interview invites to Western and Queen's came on different days.

I'm fairly sure last year Ottawa, Queens and UWO interview invites were sent out on the same day. Remember the Queen's technical issues? On that same day we got UWO and Ottawa responses. 

Edit: I'm not saying they are connected or if this is the case always, just commenting on last year

I'm fairly sure last year Ottawa, Queens and UWO interview invites were sent out on the same day. Remember the Queen's technical issues? On that same day we got UWO and Ottawa responses. 

Edit: I'm not saying they are connected or if this is the case always, just commenting on last year

Yup last year UWO, Ottawa, and Queen's were same day. Good luck to all the applicants!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/13/2018 at 4:18 PM, jero123 said:

Hi there, I know that western has a GPA cut off of 3.7 for the best 2 years. 

However, I just calculated mine, and it turned out to be 3.69875 (to be precise). 

Does that mean I would not meet their cut-off? 

Thank you!

Unfortunately, you need 3.7 in both of your best years, not an average. Check out their special year thing if you already graduated.