Premed 101 Forums

Don't have high school transcript for tomorrow (SWOMEN)

I somehow didn't see the part of the email requiring a high school transcript for the interview if SWOMEN. As such, I don't have one ready for my interview tomorrow at 11 a.m.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to obtain one before then or what to do at all???

Thank you! Having a panic attack here...

I would make the cutoffs without SWOMEN status.

heyo,

just wagering a guess, but i'd say the best thing to do would be to take whatever proof you have (student card, report card, etc) and then also offer to provide them with a phone number of the school if they really feel like checking. then you can also offer to retrieve and forward a transcript ASAP. you know? basically just take any steps to show that a) you have proof you went there and B) you're willing to do whatever to show that, and that missing the thing in the e mail was just a mistake. it's not good obvi, but you're doing what you can to remedy it... and i doubt they would be like "OPE, SAWREE. NO TRANSCRIPT? NO INTERVIEW FOR YOU!!" if you have at least some proof.

heyo,

just wagering a guess, but i'd say the best thing to do would be to take whatever proof you have (student card, report card, etc) and then also offer to provide them with a phone number of the school if they really feel like checking. then you can also offer to retrieve and forward a transcript ASAP. you know? basically just take any steps to show that a) you have proof you went there and B) you're willing to do whatever to show that, and that missing the thing in the e mail was just a mistake. it's not good obvi, but you're doing what you can to remedy it... and i doubt they would be like "OPE, SAWREE. NO TRANSCRIPT? NO INTERVIEW FOR YOU!!"

Okay thanks! I'm trying to get everything I can ready. This is such a bad way to start the interview off...I feel like an idiot.

haha it happens. but that's what i mean... i don't think you need any more stress for tomorrow than necessary. i think they'll probably be pretty good about it. again, i'm kinda just speculating here.

but like, if you're trying to con your way into uwo by saying you're swomen just so you can get the mcat cut offs, that'd be a pretty foolish way of cheating the system. (see below.) so i feel like it'd make more sense for them to just believe you and wait for you to confirm it via transcript (again, assuming you have some proof, so that they don't just "waste" an interview slot on you).

admissions office: ring ring. hi, XXX secondary school? xxx didn't provide a transcript at our interview, but claims (s)he went there for highschool. can you confirm this for me?

XXX S.S.: no. that person never went here.

AO: okie day. looks like no acceptance for him/her.

Okay thanks! I'm trying to get everything I can ready. This is such a bad way to start the interview off...I feel like an idiot.

Don't let this distract you from the interview - I have seen this happen before, and the school can arrange another opportunity to get it to them.

Don't panic, don't even really worry about it. Simply explain the situation to them and set up something at the time.

Seriously.

Don't let this distract you from the interview - I have seen this happen before, and the school can arrange another opportunity to get it to them.

Don't panic, don't even really worry about it. Simply explain the situation to them and set up something at the time.

Seriously.

LOL. i was just about to pm you being like "hey can you comment on that person's swomen thread? i'd feel REALLY bad if i was misleading him/her... given that i don't actually know how that stuff works"

LOL. i was just about to pm you being like "hey can you comment on that person's swomen thread? i'd feel REALLY bad if i was misleading him/her... given that i don't actually know how that stuff works"

No worries :) I am generally watching the forum pretty closely during interview weekends anyway.

Remember the admissions team is really not out the punish you in some way - they are reasonable.

No worries :) I am generally watching the forum pretty closely during interview weekends anyway.

Remember the admissions team is really not out the punish you in some way - they are reasonable.

Thank you thank you thank you! That takes a lot of stress off my plate. Should I still bring the report cards?

Thank you thank you thank you! That takes a lot of stress off my plate. Should I still bring the report cards?

If you have them ready sure, just because you will probably feel more comfortable just having something there - but again just go a bit earlier if possible just to explain and set something up etc :)

Archived