Premed 101 Forums

Schulich scholarships

Didn't the bursary application say that if out of highschool for 4 years (since 2009), parental income information not required?

Does this apply to the supplemental scholarship application too?

Doesn't matter for the Schulich app:

"Income Information (Required for all applicants – Regardless of the number of years out of high school)"

oh yes, i do recall that bolded statement...No way around it then, you got to disclose all your parents income information even if they don't plan to support you financially...anyone else find this quite uncomfortable?

Well, my parents make very little so it may actually help me, but I still think it is dumb as I know nothing of their financial situation and their know nothing of mine as I have been independent for so long.

Isn't too late to talk about this now? Don't they want this form to be returned by snail mail?

For the 4 years out of high school thing ... Western only accepts students who have finished a 4 year degree, so essentially all of Western's students have been out of high school for >=4 years.

And yes I agree it's pretty annoying that I have to list my parent's income for the past 4 years ...

Isn't too late to talk about this now? Don't they want this form to be returned by snail mail?

For the 4 years out of high school thing ... Western only accepts students who have finished a 4 year degree, so essentially all of Western's students have been out of high school for >=4 years.

And yes I agree it's pretty annoying that I have to list my parent's income for the past 4 years ...

I assumed you could email it. I guess I will find out tomorrow.

Hi everyone,

I've obviously missed the deadline for this bursary, but I was wondering how everyone found out about it in the first place? Is there anything else I could apply for? I had thought they'd send out an email about scholarships or bursaries like other schools did. Shoot. I really do have financial need...

Hi everyone,

I've obviously missed the deadline for this bursary, but I was wondering how everyone found out about it in the first place? Is there anything else I could apply for? I had thought they'd send out an email about scholarships or bursaries like other schools did. Shoot. I really do have financial need...

It was in the huge list of footnotes in the original interview email..the "GOOD NEWS FROM SCHULICH..." one.

Hi everyone,

Hey cdawso23, don't worry too much because you can still apply to OSAP! For the UWO bursaries, I'm pretty sure there are something like 10 bursaries and 1 larger bursary... so I realize everyone's chances are slim for getting those!

But at least with OSAP you can apply and be interest free for a while :D

TD Bank also opens up their scholarship application in October (I know it's late but still, it might be worth your while!) I cruise around a bunch of different Canadian scholarship sites online to see if there are more things I would potentially be eligible for :)

I called in today and was told that the deadline is really for the schulich scholarships. So if you were just planning on applying for an admissions bursary you still can. I also submitted my bursary application a day late (I'm not applying for the scholarships) and I got a confirmation of submission, so based on that and what I was told on the phone today it is probably still worth it to submit a bursary application!

If you look back through last year's threads you'll see some of us didn't send in apps till way past deadline and if I remember correctly mine may have even been after acceptance. Someone came on and said they had applied late and got a bursary so several of us scrambled to apply. I think we all ended up with something. At least last year the deadline seemed to only be for Schulich scholarship but that wasn't made clear ahead of time. Send those apps!

Do most students who apply get the full 20,000 per year? Or does it vary on financial need.

Also, when did they notify you about receiving it? It would make a difference for some to choose Western over another school.

Thanks!

There are VERY few $20,000 scholarships available and it goes primarily by financial need.

Archived