Premed 101 Forums

Backpack color

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My computer renders colours in a weird way (usu paler than they're supposed to be), but here are some different shades of orange. I don't know about you guys but I like the 'burnt orange' and 'paprika'. The 'tangerine' and 'pumpkin' are also not too bad but they're too flashy - would make me a bit dizzy. :) I dislike quite a bit the 'honey' and 'ginger' though. :(

tangerine-dream-orange-wedding-colour-scheme.jpg

But the ugliest of all I've seen is this one:

brown__small.jpg

Hopefully, our bags will not be a crappy (take it literally here) brownish-orange colour. I can stand pretty much everything but this! :sick:

Heh I will be pretty jealous if you guys get green. I think the....maybe 2011s (?) had green? I see their backpacks sometimes and it's a really nice green.

Yup those are green in the old style of bags. My year was the last one to have that style before the switch.

Can I just ask why the backpacks are such a big deal?

I plan on getting a non-medschool backpack but I was wondering if I really needed one at all?

Do you use them a lot in medical school as supposed to messenger bags?

Are there really super heavy books to carry or can you leave them at home?

I plan on getting a non-medschool backpack but I was wondering if I really needed one at all?

I think that'll depend on the person. I.e. if you study mostly at home, you won't have to carry books around much. This will likely be me...I will just have a tablet computer for note taking, water and lots of food with me. I use a messenger bag while walking, but I tend to bike everywhere so will use the backpack for that.

#1) It's just something fun to talk about. Do I really care what colour our MD backpack will be? No (although some colours are just nicer than others...); it's also always fun to get something for free :)

#2) Did you use one during undergrad? If you did, then you will probably also use one for the pre-clerkship years in Med school - for the same reasons.

#3) Can't answer that one.

#4) Yes, there are super-heavy books BUT I would definitely not be carrying those around with me. Just like in undergrad, I had all these textbooks, but I always kept them at home!

Anyone know how to make this into a poll? (Black & green seem to be @ tops).

you can go to the bottom of the subforum (eg. OMSAS, premed, med student) and then click the "new thread" button at the bottom-left. then, there's an option for "post a poll", and you check "yes", pick the number of options you want, and make them what you want! i'm not gonna do it cause i dunno what you wanna put in the poll lololol. i woulda just put yellow, orange, green, black, but yeah.

you can go to the bottom of the subforum (eg. OMSAS, premed, med student) and then click the "new thread" button at the bottom-left. then, there's an option for "post a poll", and you check "yes", pick the number of options you want, and make them what you want! i'm not gonna do it cause i dunno what you wanna put in the poll lololol. i woulda just put yellow, orange, green, black, but yeah.

Thnx, I'll give it a try in The Lounge area :)

• 1 month later...

Backpacks are officially orange - I spied them at the UofC orientation this morning when I was coming into the lab!

(Glad I decided to defer until next year, the orange is.. not exactly the nicest color aha).

ETA: Walked by them again, and they are actually orange and black, not just straight orange. Very bright!

Archived