Premed 101 Forums

waitlist thread

Exactly how I felt last year. More relief than anything else. Congrats!!! St.George/MAM?

I always thought when this day came I would be jumping for joy, but I'm feeling more tranquil than anything else. Feels good.

As for which campus, I got in to the better one of course, MAM! :P

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also haven't received my package yet.....

I don't think I will actually feel like I've been accepted until I see the physical acceptance letter.............................

you are in a bit of shock - You probably won't even fully accept it even with the letter. I just graduated and I don't full accept it even now :)

I always thought when this day came I would be jumping for joy, but I'm feeling more tranquil than anything else. Feels good.

As for which campus, I got in to the better one of course, MAM! :P

Good to hear you like MAM already, you'll grow to like it even more :D

I also haven't received my package yet.....

I don't think I will actually feel like I've been accepted until I see the physical acceptance letter.............................

The acceptance letter that I got was exactly the same as the one sent in the email. The "package" can be found here:

http://www.md.utoronto.ca/Assets/FacMed+Digital+Assets/welcome+med+students.pdf

Update from the blog

"Rob

Hello, I would like to know whether the bulk of waitlist offers have been made by now and what the timeline is for further offers or rejections to those on the waitlist. Thank You!

on June 3, 2013 at 9:50 am | Replyutmedadmissions

The bulk of the wait-list offers have now been made. Additional offers will be done on an as needs basis."

Update from the blog

"Rob

Hello, I would like to know whether the bulk of waitlist offers have been made by now and what the timeline is for further offers or rejections to those on the waitlist. Thank You!

on June 3, 2013 at 9:50 am | Replyutmedadmissions

The bulk of the wait-list offers have now been made. Additional offers will be done on an as needs basis."

Oooh... It seems like this year the waitlist @ U of T didn't move too much. Good luck to everyone who's still on the waitlist!

I meant to post this sooner but haven't had a chance yet.

Accepted off Waitlist - MAM Campus

Time Stamp: May 29 around 3:30 pm

cGPA: 3.45 (not eligible for wGPA)

Degrees: BSc (Biochem), MSc (Medical Sciences), BSc (Nutrition)

ECs: I've posted them in other threads

Interview: Overall, I felt pretty good about it. There were a few questions that I thought I could have answered better, but some that I felt really good about.

As UofT was my only interview/offer this year, I accepted right away. I'll be posting more details about my application and my story in the Non-Trad Success Stories in the coming weeks. Good luck to everyone still waiting. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone in August!

Did you get a confirmation email that said something like this:

"Now that we have received your official signed acceptance form and cheque this is just a reminder to make sure you fill out the Academy preference survey."

If you did I think your fine. If you didn't then just call them.

I didn't receive that and when I called they said they should have received it....but they couldn't confirm anything.

Although I know it is difficult to not be concerned/worried that our acceptance will be revoked at any time, I guess we have to place our trust in the administrators to contact us in the event any of our documents are missing :)

Taken straight from their blog:

Unfortunately, we cannot confirm receipt of material. If documentation is found to be missing, you will be contacted. Deposits are forwarded to the university accounting department on a weekly basis, but may not be processed immediately. Please do not worry that your acceptance is in jeopardy.

:) Thanks. It's not me that's freaking out, it's my mom haha! She doesn't understand why receipt of documentation can not be confirmed.

Oh well

My mother was freaking out about that as well so I contacted admissions office, and they told me that they'll contact us if they're missing anything. Otherwise, we're golden.

Incidentally I did manage to find out from them that my documents and deposit had been received, so I guess if you're worried, bother them!

Archived