Premed 101 Forums

waitlist thread

Hey there,

I have the same MCAT score as you and planning to apply this fall. I am seriously debating whether to rewrite my MCAT or not (due to verbal!). Can you shed any light on your experience applying this year with your stats? What schools did you receive interviews to? Thanks for any info!

Hey!

Having a 9 on verbal was definitely challenging. It took me 2 tries to get accepted and I applied both cycles with the same MCAT.

First year, I applied to Western (I don't know why), Queen's (just in case), Mac, Toronto and Ottawa. I interviewed at Ottawa and was "bad waitlisted".

Second time around, instead of rewriting (which I had already done once and was only able to boost my verbal from an 8 to a 9), I decided to get some life experience instead. I became involved with things that I was really passionate about (international volunteering, support work, exc.). I applied to Queen's, Mac, Toronto and Ottawa and received interviews at Toronto and Ottawa. I got in to both schools.

In the end, your decision to rewrite should be made by weighing several factors. How much time do you have to study? How much prep materials do you have left? (I exhausted most of them in the two times that I wrote it). How good is the rest of your app for Toronto and Ottawa?

If you have any more questions or are wondering about anything else, feel free to PM me. I hope this helped a bit. Good luck!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So basically only 2 people have been documented on premed being called off the waitlist...has anybody heard anything about others being called off the waitlist or U of T filling the class already?

When did they send out waitlist rejections last year?

So basically only 2 people have been documented on premed being called off the waitlist...has anybody heard anything about others being called off the waitlist or U of T filling the class already?

Not sure if this helps at all, but the class of 2018 facebook group has had some new people join recently. That being said, there's no way to tell if the new members came in off the waitlist or if they were just delayed in searching for/joining the group on facebook.

there were quite a number of ppl who were accepted off the waitlist a week or two ago...i personally know about a dozen or so of my friends/classmates who got off waitlist...there are a lots of ppl who dont post on premed101

The forum has been experiencing technical difficulties that are preventing new sign ups from posting. I'm beyond certain this is the reason why there are almost zero waitlist posts. I think it's important for members to remain hopeful about waitlist movement because it's definitely happening but we're not able to resolve this issue with the system at the moment. The mods are working on it!

I've been adding people to the FB group on pretty much a daily basis though as someone posted, it's hard to tell if they are people getting off the waitlist or just people who got in earlier but are only adding themselves to the group now.

Good luck to the waitlisters!

• 4 years later...

Archived