Premed 101 Forums
novascotia2010

Lines of Credit for Medical Students (Scotia is the best option)

10 hours ago, canada747 said:

Can I still get the full 275K if I have a cheaper tuition than most Ontario schools? I may not realistically never need to dip into my LOC, but would like one just in case.

You definitely can! Just signed for mine no problem

59 minutes ago, trnsatlnticism said:

Did anyone negotiate other perks besides the two credit cards with Scotia? Free cheques, unlimited e-transfers etcetera? I want to make sure I'm getting any extra perks I can!

I've got free cheques. Don't know about etransfers. I don't use them much.

1 hour ago, trnsatlnticism said:

Did anyone negotiate other perks besides the two credit cards with Scotia? Free cheques, unlimited e-transfers etcetera? I want to make sure I'm getting any extra perks I can!

3 minutes ago, PhD2MD said:

I've got free cheques. Don't know about etransfers. I don't use them much.

The standard (at least what I was told when I contacted a rep) is free cheques and 2 e-transfers a month. Not sure if anyone's negotiated the e-transfers, it just seems really inconvenient after I've gotten so used to RBC's unlimited free e-transfers.

12 minutes ago, xiphoid said:

The standard (at least what I was told when I contacted a rep) is free cheques and 2 e-transfers a month. Not sure if anyone's negotiated the e-transfers, it just seems really inconvenient after I've gotten so used to RBC's unlimited free e-transfers.

You should get unlimited e-transfers in school.  Have them setup the student banking advantage plan account which gives unlimited e-transfers.