Premed 101 Forums

Why no psych?

on this board?

No crit, just curious. I appreciate that the primary orientation here is around medicine, but other allied health professions (e.g. OT) are represented, as are pharmacology (no clinical work at all) and vet medicine (relates to the care of non-humans). Quirk of history?

Where do applicants to Canadian psych programs hang out?

Your question is a great suggestion for the mods :)

I for one also think there should be a psychology/counselling section on this forum.

I remember there's some issue with the server which is why the format of this forum hasn't been updated in a long time...

I would definitely like a psych section here!!! There's a great one on SDN which I visit sometimes (since I'm in a psych undergrad and have been looking at careers in psych lately)

We can start our own psych sub-thread? :P

Sure, why not make a little home here too ?

Your question is a great suggestion for the mods

I for one also think there should be a psychology/counselling section on this forum.

I remember there's some issue with the server which is why the format of this forum hasn't been updated in a long time...

Cheers:) And, that makes sense. Definitely feels science-background based (for good reasons, of course).

I suggested adding a psyc forum when they were adding in the other health care profession forums. This was the reply I got from Ian:

Hi there,

I haven't added them in as a specific forum mainly because I hadn't thought about them as being as widespread or likely to draw a readership such as some of the other health care professions which now have forums. I haven't noticed too many threads asking for advice in this area.

Let's see how these new forums go. If it proves that there's a huge segment of health care professionals who start using these new health care forums, then making a clinical psychology forum is a definite possibility.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
I suggested adding a psyc forum when they were adding in the other health care profession forums. This was the reply I got from Ian:

Interesting, thanks for sharing. My guess is there are a lot of psych undergrads who'd like to come here; the collective knowledge around Canadian schools is fantastic. Plus, OT's sort of a natural second choice for psych hopefuls.

Archived