Premed 101 Forums

Restaurants

Hi guys! I was wondering what are the best restaurants close to or on campus. I am looking at some vegetarian options lately but this need not affect the index of restaurants that I hope to gather here. So I decided to order the options in genres, as I take a liking to some ethnic foods:

Indian/Pakistani/etc.:

Thai:

Pizza:

Vietnamese:

Chinese:

Lebanese/Arabic:

Thank you! It is important to eat well; it contributes to good feeling, at least for me. :)

Hey Guys,

The best restaurants are mostly downtown!

Indian: House of India on Oullette is by far the best

Thai/Viet: Basil Court on Oullette right beside Oullette is the best

Arab/Lebanese: Tonnes and tonnes of places around town downtown and near campus but Schwarma Palace Downtown is awesome.

Are we talking Windsor or London?

Well I am in London. I'll be living on campus the first year, so unfortunately these places might be far (however I think we have a bus pass included with our tuition?). But it might be nice for the Windsor students to share restaurant suggestions for there as well.

The bus system in London is actually quite good and so you'll be able to hit up most of the restaurants you desire without too much hassle.

Indian food in London: Raja (or The Raja.. cant remember). If you're looking for a cheap lunch buffet you can't beat Curry Garden.

Viet: Tamarine by Quynh Nhi. Haven't tried the pho but everything else is amazing.

Asian: Zen garden is 100% vegetarian and actually quite good. Not the best asian place in london but defs good.

Sushi: Gozen. Not an AYCE but well worth it and the cost is quite low.

French: Auberge du petit prince. You won't find much vegetarian stuff here but good god is it amazing. (Awesome place for a date :P)

Pizza: P'za Pie. Honestly pizza is hard to judge cause everyone likes it slightly different. Still... solid pizzas every time. Random fun fact: Go to pizzeria libreto on Danforth (toronto) to have your mind blown. If you wanna order in try Panago. Its more popular out west and I havent really seen too many in Ontario. Fortunately for you London has one. Try it!!!

"Western": For a typical bistro type meal (steak, lamb chops, duck confit etc..) I suggest either tru or braywick bistro. The menus here change rather frequently though.

Burgers: The works and the bungalow both make awesome gourmet burgers. I personally prefer the milkshakes at the bungalow better.

On Campus: Make sure to check out the grad club! They usually have awesome lunch specials (pasta buffet, indian buffet, etc) and they also have a kitchen that makes pretty good sandwiches etc. Besides... 17 beers on tap? On campus? Dat sh.t cray.

Breakfast: Christina's pub. Just do it.

Thai: Thuan Thanh at Highbury & Huron, or Thai Taste at Adelaide and Dundas. Both very excellent. Thai Taste is a ma & pa thai restaurant. Close to campus: Thaifoon

Vietnamese: Thuan Thanh (Pho & Vermicelli are both excellent). Vietnam Restaurant at Adelaide and Dundas (got take out from them for a party, superb food). Close to campus: Ben Thanh

Chinese: Jasmine House at Adelaide and Cheapside (again, ma & pa restaurant, pretty authentic mainland Chinese food). Green Tea on Wonderland Rd. South also has passable dim sum. Close to campus: none. Do not, under any circumstances, go to Asian Gourmet

Lebanese/Arabic: Barakat near school > Barakat dt due to owner change. There's also one on Southdale & Adelaide ish area I think. I've never tried it though.

Fine dining: Garlics, the Tasting room (order only appetizers for best experience!), Blackfriars

European: Marienbad

Burgers: the Works, Relish, Bungalow (close to campus) all with vegetarian option

Best calamari: Milestones at the mall

24-hr fast food: McDonalds at Wharncliffe & Oxford, Starbucks near Victoria Hospital

Feel free to PM me for more restaurant suggestions =D

yup yup :) Just swing by the UCC during orientation week (undergrad o-week, not sure how that syncs up to ours) and there will be a place to pick up your bus pass. You just need to show them your student card.

I'm fairly certain we don't need to line up as medstudents. I believe our bus passes will be delivered to us in our mailboxes.

I'm fairly certain we don't need to line up as medstudents. I believe our bus passes will be delivered to us in our mailboxes.

That would be a small change - I still had to line up for it when I was there for the past 4 years. Still since we started earlier than everyone else lining up was a bit easier

Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure this is correct. If not, now you know where to go if its not in your mailbox :P

Archived