Premed 101 Forums

Is today the day?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOP Invite

Dal GPA: 4.0

MCAT: 33

ECs: I tried to show that I was well-rounded; did lots of hospital volunteering, clinical research, lab research (no pubs), lots of volunteering in my community for various organizations, exec for a major club at my university for 2 years, worked as a swim and lifesaving instructor for 5 years and lifeguard for 4.5 years, running in organized races, etc.

Edit: I've never been to the East Coast but I did mention a friend who went to Dal for undergrad. I also described a few experiences that have inspired me to pursue medicine in different ways. I made sure to demonstrate the fact that I did lots of research into Dal's medical program and went from there.

Can't wait to meet many of you at interviews!!

OOP Invite

Dal GPA: 3.9

MCAT: 35

Heavily involved in research that gives me exposure to the medical field (no publications for the app though, writing up two right now...). Have been out East to visit family but no strong connection so I focused more on the research opportunities their med students have.

Happy to be heading that way in a month :)

OOP invitation!

GPA: 3.85

MCAT: 34 (11/12/11)

Interdisciplinary education and wide variety of extracurriculars. For my personal statement, I described a few key experiences that have led me to want a career in medicine, and I put forward a few things that I would like to offer the school (starting certain clubs, etc.). I took a more creative-writing approach when constructing my statement - and I think it paid off.

I don't have a connection to the East Coast.

Good luck to everyone else!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived