Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invite Thread

Sorry for such the late post ( lots of schools stuff to figure out at the moment)

Invite

OOP

GPA(x.xx/4.5): 4.0/4.5 with drops (McGill doesn't have A+ or percentage so we get screwed, 4.0 is the highest we can achieve)

MCAT (xx.xx/15): 14/15 ( 14,13,15)

Rural (Northern Ontario)

Depending how the Ontario schools go for me I will most likely decline due to financial considerations. (Have to pay for everything myself so I'll be limiting the cost/chance of acceptance ratio)

I'm sure you'll get NOSM.

As for financial - U of M is reallllly cheap compared to schools on Ontario. I was almost tempted to accept U of M over U of T simply because tuition is around 2.5X cheaper and winnipeg is ix MUCH cheaper to live in...

I'm sure you'll get NOSM.

As for financial - U of M is reallllly cheap compared to schools on Ontario. I was almost tempted to accept U of M over U of T simply because tuition is around 2.5X cheaper and winnipeg is ix MUCH cheaper to live in...

In all honesty I am now rethinking my "ranking" order of schools. i personally still think NOSM ranks # 1 in my books as of now. Also note that I'm ready to head back to a smaller city, been in Montreal for four years. It's been an amazing learning experience but not for me in the long run. I think I'd be much happier in a smaller center like Kingston or Sudbury/Thunder Bay, somewhat more like the tiny hometown I'm from.

In all honesty I am now rethinking my "ranking" order of schools. i personally still think NOSM ranks # 1 in my books as of now. Also note that I'm ready to head back to a smaller city, been in Montreal for four years. It's been an amazing learning experience but not for me in the long run. I think I'd be much happier in a smaller center like Kingston or Sudbury/Thunder Bay, somewhat more like the tiny hometown I'm from.

Makes sense! Especially if you are from Northern Ontario! Though I am from a tiny town (1000 people) and am now definitely a city person after being at u of T for the last 10+ plus.

Makes sense! Especially if you are from Northern Ontario! Though I am from a tiny town (1000 people) and am now definitely a city person after being at u of T for the last 10+ plus.

With the advent of overnight shipping and online shopping, there isn't much that a city has over a small town.

Not to mention I can walk through town on my way to the bush/lake with a fishing rod or shotgun and no one bats an eye, can't do that in a city haha oh how different it is.

With the advent of overnight shipping and online shopping, there isn't much that a city has over a small town.

Not to mention I can walk through town on my way to the bush/lake with a fishing rod or shotgun and no one bats an eye, can't do that in a city haha oh how different it is.

This is so true, I wish I had a chance at NOSM, one of my favorite areas of Canada. I already find Winnipeg "big", tired of cities.

• 11 months later...

They are already posted on their website in the statistics section of the admissions page.

They are practically identical to last years averages

I looked at the statistics because I'm procrastinating, that is one heck of a gender discrepancy. Must be the MCAT? Definitely the opposite of most schools, regardless. Interesting.

Edit: oops just noticed this is in the interview thread. Sorry!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...