Premed 101 Forums
pappu420

Interview Invite Thread

Invited (OOP)

gpa: ~4.5

MCAT: 520

non-rural

I most likely have lowest mcat score for OOP

Just to clarify, the OOP scaling is entirely dependent on overall MCAT (70% of score) and GPA (30% of score) for non-rural. Thus, your perfect GPA was likely more than sufficient to account for a marginally lower MCAT score! Congratulations!

Just to clarify, the OOP scaling is entirely dependent on overall MCAT (70% of score) and GPA (30% of score) for non-rural. Thus, your perfect GPA was likely more than sufficient to account for a marginally lower MCAT score! Congratulations!

Further clarify. All applicants pre interview are assessed in this way. Not only OOP

Further clarify. All applicants pre interview are assessed in this way. Not only OOP

Oops, good catch :) So it appears like for out of province, 520 and 4.5 are the minimum requirements needed. That's a little bit daunting! But I have heard that the waitlist moves a lot for the OOP, so the biggest hurdle may in fact be getting the interview

1 minute ago, Galaxy123 said:

Regrets

8:33 AM (MST)

OOP

AGPA: ?

MCAT: 518

does anyone know how I can find the AGPA or did you all just calculate it yourselves?

You calculate it yourself, there's a conversion chart on the UofM website with how many credits they drop

Regrets 

10:33 AM (EST)

OOP

Some rural score (I believe)

AGPA: 4.26

MCAT: 517

Well - can't say I'm too suprised but it was worth a shot at least. Kind of unfortunate because Manitoba seems like a place I would want to go but I can't really convince myself to rewrite a 517 MCAT and it also seems unlikely that a score like that will get me an interview