Premed 101 Forums

U of T Interview Discussion 2014

Does anyone else think the file review order might be alphabetical by last name? I got 2 friends who have last names with letters preceding mine and have both heard back from the admission office. Any thoughts on this?

I doubt it. My last name is pretty much right at the beginning of the alphabet, and I received one of the last invites for the 2nd weekend (and later moved my interview to the 30th)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a friend in UoT MD/PhD. She said there was a sign-up sheet to get volunteers for an interview in April. Not sure if she was trying to cheer me up for not hearing anything from UoT yet, but I doubt she would flat-out lie to me so... *fingers crossed*

I think this is extremely unlikely. The last date we were given to sign up for interviews is the officially published weekend of March 29 and 30. I've been present at almost all the interview weekends and haven't heard anything about extra dates.

For all intents and purposes I would assume that there is no extra date unless UofT states otherwise.

It's incredibly stressful at this time, with decisions seemingly imminent but I would try not to theorize too much. Most of the theories in the last few pages are known to be all false, including anything to do with the alphabet.

Wanted to point out that no graduate students have posted interviews (or rejections) for the 29/30th interviews.

Perhaps still waiting to send out invites for the graduate students as they might be considering us in a different pool. Two friends from my graduate program both received interviews very late in the cycle last year.

Wanted to point out that no graduate students have posted interviews (or rejections) for the 29/30th interviews.

Perhaps still waiting to send out invites for the graduate students as they might be considering us in a different pool. Two friends from my graduate program both received interviews very late in the cycle last year.

As a grad student myself I'm really hoping that there is a pile of us still waiting to hear back...seems like a lot of graduate students are still waiting.

Personally think they are just going to trickle out of the next few days/weeks. I wouldnt treat their Facebook post as law (i.e. Dont expect an answer one way or another by Wednesday).

I do expect another round of mass rejections. Would be interesting to know how many are left.

UofT is known for having 30-40% of the class being graduate students. Seems like very few grad students have posted responses. Of course, probably strong selection bias on this site.

Just trying to find some positive to hang on too while we wait!

Yes! And as a grad applicant, I like this 'new theory' (I live for these theories)

after i confirmed my interview date (march 30) leslie responded to me saying that i may have to change it march 29 "since this is the last interview weekend"...

I think instead of adding an extra interview day they are trying to add more people to each of the March 29th and March 30th days (more people than the approximately 80 people a day).

I'm starting to hope they lost my application haha

That is starting to look like the best thing that could have happened.

Good god, stressful. I really thought they were done with interviews for the 29th/30th. Are they done now?? WHO KNOWS.

Archived