Premed 101 Forums

U of T Interview Discussion 2014

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm just going to start this off but I am now calling myself unofficially rejected.

I think if I had a nickel for every time you flip-flopped back and forth between optimistic and unofficially rejecting yourself I wouldn't have to work another day in my life. lol

I think if I had a nickel for every time you flip-flopped back and forth between optimistic and unofficially rejecting yourself I wouldn't have to work another day in my life. lol

You are correct but I see this as the last "wave". Plus that is the premed way!

I promise you I will not flip flop anymore.

Just curious... anyone else still waiting for a reply but with no other interviews? I am only able to apply to Mac and U of T for family reasons and didn't get Mac so this is my last hope for this cycle.

With a full time job, kids, and completing additional pre-reqs, it would be very helpful to know asap so that I can start budgeting my time with the additional task of re-prepping for MCAT.

Good luck to everyone. We should all know soon enough.

Just curious... anyone else still waiting for a reply but with no other interviews? I am only able to apply to Mac and U of T for family reasons and didn't get Mac so this is my last hope for this cycle.

With a full time job, kids, and completing additional pre-reqs, it would be very helpful to know asap so that I can start budgeting my time with the additional task of re-prepping for MCAT.

I'm waiting for a reply from UT but I have no other interviews.

I'm still waiting for U of T, no other interviews

UofT is known for having 30-40% of the class being graduate students. Seems like very few grad students have posted responses. Of course, probably strong selection bias on this site.

Just trying to find some positive to hang on too while we wait!

Seems like thus far this prediction hasn't worked, all of the invites today appear to be UG not grad students

She's got a point...but did it with a fake account.

I think the part that everyone is frustrated with is the lack of transparency/consistency in the decision making process. It is unfortunate that many good applicants get rejected each year but it seems to be becoming more of a "lottery" than an application process.

This is nothing against the 3rd year applicants, and I am excited and happy for you, but is the difference between a 4.0 and 3.8-3.9 that different that it accounts for another 3-4 years of training and life experience. I don't have an answer... merely just a thought.

If I remember correctly, this same person posted on the Facebook page earlier this year berating them for the delay in sending out invites/rejections. Those comments appear to have been deleted though.

I think it is just a hard fact that when you apply for ~600 interview spots and there are 4000 applicants there will always be a sense of lottery in the selection process.

+1...particularly with a holistic approach...

Just another point about this post. Firstly the only way, outside of being on admissions, that one can make a judgement about the number of 3rd year applicants is through PM101. Just funny they are taking it as a representative sample of the interview selections. Ina ll honesty though the number of third year applicants does surprise me as compared to years past.

In the end people need to try and not take it super personal. I know I'll be irked if/when I don't receive an invite with a wGPA of 4.0, feel like a real slap in the face (not to mention it feels like someone really doesn't want me to return to Ontario). But int he end that's the game. Move on. I just take solace that I received an invite from my top choice of schools and beyond that multiple interviews!

@orangebubbles: You're 100% correct she has posted before but they have since been deleted.

Archived