Premed 101 Forums

Reference Letter Writer Resigned

One of my referees for this intake cycle was a stellar one who was my boss over the last 3 years. She unexpectedly resigned her position last week, meaning she no longer has the phone number and email address I listed under contact info on UCAN. I don't know if the person who took over from her will know how to get a hold of her at home.

What is the likelihood that this will pose problems for me given that I am still in "reviewer" status? Any insights? Should I send an email to Calgary, or just see what happens? I assume they would contact me if there was problem, but I'd like to be proactive if possible.

I think you're fine. I don't think they contact anyone till after interview decisions are made, and even then, if the person quit they will contact you if they need an updated number. You won't get faulted for having your reference change numbers within a multi-month period.

I don't think it would hurt to send an e-mail to Adele to ask if you can update your references information. It would probably be safer to do that than to leave it and hope for the best, just in case they need to contact your reference in the next few days. It shouldn't be a huge issue, but it also doesn't hurt to be proactive, as you say. :)

Archived