Premed 101 Forums

letter/acceptance/rejection anxiety...

the mun thread has been pretty quiet so i thought i'd throw myself under the bus to generate some discussion..:P

i'm having some serious anxiety about receiving letters in a few weeks and finding out whether i will be accepted this year or not. the thought of it get into my head numerous times throughout the day and i even wake up at night stressing about it. this is my third time applying and am desperate for admission (i know, we all are). i know it takes perseverance, but sometimes it breaks you down and these thoughts get into your head.

how are you guys dealing with the stress of it all for the next few weeks? or am i the only one who is freakin''? lol

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I completely feel your pain! This is also my third time applying. My suggestion is to stay focused on whatever it is you're currently doing (i.e. school, work, etc.). Try to remain positive, and consider a back-up plan. Either way, finding out in February as opposed to April or May gives us a lot of time to figure out back-up plans for the fall.

Good luck! And remember that we're all in the same boat.

When did out of province find out last year? My guess is, since they switched in province and out of province, we will hear the same time in February.. My guess is the last week of February (~22nd-25th), so still another 3 weeks wait

according to other posts on the accepted/waitlist/etc thread, OOP applicants (NS, NB, PEI..) started finding out on feb 26 of last year. FML, that is far away........... :(

It has been pointed out to me that over the past few years or more, IP letters have been received on Mondays (as indicated by PM101 acceptance/rejection post dates), meaning they are most likely mailed on the Friday before.

We can probably expect news on the 17th or 23rd.

hopefully they will be mailed tomorrow for some good news next week.. maybe they are aiming to have them to us while most students are on midterm break?

Archived