Premed 101 Forums

Queen's Interview Invites/Regrets 2014

TIME STAMP: 12:37 PM

Result: INVITE!!!! :D :D :D

GPA: 3.45 (cGPA), 3.83 (2YGPA)

MCAT: 10/14(V)/10/R

ECs: Filled all 45 slots in the ABS: Lots of research (Canada+international), two First-author papers, many awards (academic+research), hospital volunteering, tutoring, mentoring sports, music, etc.

Year: 2nd year Master's

IP

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TIME STAMP: 3:10pm EST

Result: Reject

wGPA: Don't know how Queen's calculates it. yrs 1-2 were not good, yrs 3-4 were excellent.

MCAT: 10/11/9

ECs: lots of research in health/pharmaceutical policy, conferences attended, presentations, volunteering at hospital (not for extended periods of time though), tutoring, some not too substantial awards etc.

Year: Masters atm

With my VR, was expecting this. Don't know why I even applied to em.

TIME STAMP: 4:00

Result: Reject

wGPA: 3.93

MCAT: 13/13/12

ECs: See Calgary post. I thought they were very average but they were good enough to get me an OOP interview at Calgary as a 3rd year, and ECs are 70% there.

Year: 3rd year

I'm super grateful for the interviews I have, good luck everyone!

TIME STAMP: 3:58pm

Result: Rejection

wGPA: 3.965

MCAT: 11/10/11 or 14/8/11 depending on which one is "best mcat"

ECs: some employment, hospital/classroom volunteering, 2 pubs, poster presentation, sports.. varied but nothing that stands out.

Year: Graduated.

Not sure if I got screened out because of my mcat or because of my ECs..

Rejection

Timestamp: 4:00PM

wGPA: 3.97

MCAT: 11/10/12

ECs: Volunteered at various hospital and community organizations, peer mentor, presenter at several elementary schools, ran in organized races, lifeguard and swim instructor for 5 years, 2 years of research (no pubs), etc.

Year: UG complete

Extremely upset; Queens was my no.1 choice.

TIME STAMP: 3:56

Result: Rejection

Two-year GPA: 3.85

MCAT: PS12/BS11/V10

ECs: Extensive research with one publication, health-related volunteering, lots of leadership in various university societies and community-related committees, sports, music. I felt my ECs were quite strong, perhaps the strongest part of my application.

Year: 1st year MSc

I don't know why I was rejected, pretty bummed out. Do we get to see our stats and compare them to the rest of the applicants by any chance?

Archived