Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted/Wait listed/Rejected 2014

Hopefulptstudent, is 3.76 the GPA that you calculated personally or does it say 3.76 on the confirmation letter that ORPAS sent you?

On my OPRAS application it posted all of my marks for my sub-gpa and it shows a sub-gpa of 3.76. I didn't recieve an actual letter through the mail but I know the universities have the same info of what is presented in our orpas applications online. I hope they get back to me today.

Hopefulptstudent, are you sure you calculated it correctly? I only ask because I made that mistake previously. I didn't have a full course load one term so they took the average of a previous term to make up the marks. My calculated GPA ended up being much lower than i had calculated, and that's why they didn't invite me to write the CAP :(

They should have sent you a confirmation letter with your GPA on the back.. That's a little strange.

Crossing my fingers for you!

Hopefulptstudent, are you sure you calculated it correctly? I only ask because I made that mistake previously. I didn't have a full course load one term so they took the average of a previous term to make up the marks. My calculated GPA ended up being much lower than i had calculated, and that's why they didn't invite me to write the CAP :(

They should have sent you a confirmation letter with your GPA on the back.. That's a little strange.

Was the calculated Sub GPA on the letter you recieved in the mail the same as the calculated Sub GPA on your application on ORPAS's site? Of course we don't even input all of our last 20 credits for our application so when they recieved my transcript they put the last 20 credits as seen on my transcript. I would assume that ORPAS's Sub-GPA would be the Sub-GPA UofT uses.

Was the calculated Sub GPA on the letter you recieved in the mail the same as the calculated Sub GPA on your application on ORPAS's site? Of course we don't even input all of our last 20 credits for our application so when they recieved my transcript they put the last 20 credits as seen on my transcript. I would assume that ORPAS's Sub-GPA would be the Sub-GPA UofT uses.

Hey hopefulptstudent, could it have been that you didn't input your prereq's in correctly? I know someone who did that last year. You should look through your application to make sure everything was done right. You might also want to try calling the office of admissions. Hopefully it works out!

Ya so i just got the e-mail and letter of rejection. They for some reason can't tell me why I have been rejected and they look at references, transcripts, and pre-reqs; Maybe I didn't cut the tie-breaker? This sucks especially since I have no idea why I didn't make the cut

Hey hopefulptstudent, could it have been that you didn't input your prereq's in correctly? I know someone who did that last year. You should look through your application to make sure everything was done right. You might also want to try calling the office of admissions. Hopefully it works out!

That couldn't have been the reason. I took the exact courses they required because they had a list of what courses met the requirements. I also made sure to include the course discription and link to where I obtained it (even though it was password protected because its not available to the public). Either way their decision is final and I just got to hope for the other PT programs now

Ya so i just got the e-mail and letter of rejection. They for some reason can't tell me why I have been rejected and they look at references, transcripts, and pre-reqs; Maybe I didn't cut the tie-breaker? This sucks especially since I have no idea why I didn't make the cut

Did they send you an email just out of the blue or did you send one asking about your status? I haven't heard a thing from them by email or physical mail.

Applied: UBC MOT

Accepted:UBC

Waitlisted:

Rejected:

GPA: 3.87

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Strong letter of intent, great references, and extensive experience, plus I'm a BC resident. I was pretty sure I did poorly on this time around on the interview, but I guess it all worked out. It was my second time applying.

Waitlisted:

Rejected:

GPA: 300- and 400- level courses 84%

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Last year I applied to almost all schools in Canada and was rejected because of my low cGPA (3.02) and sGPA (3.48), but received an interview for UBC. Knowing my avg is high enough for UBC, I applied only to UBC this time around. What made my interview different from last years was that I was much more relaxed and personable. I did not take it too seriously and made my answers as simple as possible. Good luck to those still waiting for results! And if you don't get in this round, don't take it as a hindrance to your future, take it as an opportunity to do something you wouldn't have been able to do. For example, I traveled abroad and volunteered, it was an invaluable life experience, and I'm forever thankful I had the opportunity to do so.

Waitlisted:

Rejected:

GPA: 300- and 400- level courses 84%

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Last year I applied to almost all schools in Canada and was rejected because of my low cGPA (3.02) and sGPA (3.48), but received an interview for UBC. Knowing my avg is high enough for UBC, I applied only to UBC this time around. What made my interview different from last years was that I was much more relaxed and personable. I did not take it too seriously and made my answers as simple as possible. Good luck to those still waiting for results! And if you don't get in this round, don't take it as a hindrance to your future, take it as an opportunity to do something you wouldn't have been able to do. For example, I traveled abroad and volunteered, it was an invaluable life experience, and I'm forever thankful I had the opportunity to do so.

Hi Naanot,

Congrats on your acceptance! How did you strengthen your application this time around? Did you gain more experience working with OTs?

McMaster's MMI invitations came out on April 5 last year, which was the first Friday in April. I wonder if that means they'll come out tomorrow?

They will be sent out tomorrow by 4pm according to the admissions office voicemail at Mac

Just received my acceptance/recommendation letter for the MPT program at the University of Saskatchewan!

While it's technically only a recommendation, and it's the College of Graduate Studies and Research that actually accepts applicants, the final requirement is completion of a degree -- which I completed last spring -- so it's smooth sailing from here! :)

Applied: UBC, UofA, Queens - all PT

Accepted: UBC

Waitlisted:

Rejected: UofA

GPA: 86% for UBC, SubGPA 3.56, CumGPA 3.5

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Felt my interview at UBC went really well, had strong references and over 700 hours of work experience. Felt my essays for Queens were strong. This is my second time applying.

I will accept my offer for UBC which is where I wanted to go being a BC resident. :)