Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted/Wait listed/Rejected 2014

congrats, I thought I really had a good shot at UofT. Did you get Mac?

I know! I feel like it's partially a lottery system lol. No I didn't get Mac :( A little heartbroken since my life is in Hamilton/Stoney Creek but I guess the GO train isn't that bad! Have you decided where you are going to go?

Congratulations to all who have been accepted into their programs. I unfortuately didn't get into my program so I have decided I will be applying next year as well. I found some of the posts here inspirational in regards to not getting in and keeping your head up. This morning, like many others, has been a rough one for me (Being rejected and thinking about possible options while in this state of mind). This morning I re-applied for a non-degree status at YorkU. For those who didn't get in it's important to have mental toughness. The sooner you start on strenghten your profile the better chance you will be successful next year.

Keep the information flying in if you have any advice or share your details of your application. All advice is greatly appreciated for next years applicants.

Cheers

Applied:Western, Mac, U of T, Queens, U Alberta, UBC, McGill, U Ottawa (all OT)

Accepted:U Alberta, U of T, Queens, McGill, McMaster (off of waitlist #12)

Waitlisted: Western (lower third), U Ottawa

Rejected: UBC

subGPA: 3.67

cGPA: 3.61

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Strong References and Essays

UBC interview on March 5th - Did not go well

U Ottawa interview March 18th - went okay

McGill interview on May 15th - went well

McMaster interview on April 26th - Unsure

Applied:Western, Mac, U of T, Queens, U Alberta, UBC, McGill, U Ottawa (all OT)

Accepted:U Alberta, U of T, Queens

Waitlisted: Western (lower third), McMaster (#12), U Ottawa

Rejected: UBC

subGPA: 3.67

cGPA: 3.61

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Strong References and Essays

UBC interview on March 5th - Did not go well

U Ottawa interview March 18th - went okay

McGill interview on May 15th - went well

McMaster interview on April 26th - Unsure

Which one would you consider your first choice?

Right now I'm hoping for Mac or McGill. But I'll have to wait and see if I get in. I'm kind of torn between U of T and Queens. I did my undergrad in Toronto and kind of wanted to do something else for my Masters. But I think U of T may have a better program so I'm really having trouble with the decision.

Applied: UofT, McMaster, Western, U of M, U of A (all OT)

Accepted:

Waitlisted: Western (middle third), U of A (no idea), McMaster (far ranked)

Rejected: Queens

sGPA: 3.68

I haven't heard anything back just yet for U of M. I am hoping to get into U of M so at least I won't have to worry about my fall plans.

Does anyone know approximately how many people from the waitlist are accepted to Western and U of A? Those are my two top choices and I really want to know what my chances are.

Applied: McGill, Queens, UOttawa, UofA (all OT)

Accepted: UOttawa!

Waitlisted: UofA

Rejected: Queens, McGill

GPA: cum: 3.41 sub: 3.54

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: UOttawa doesn't have essays or references, so I guess my interview went well despite french being my second language! Super excited to go to Ottawa!!

Gah!!!! I am still waiting to hear from Dal (OT) I jumped every time my phone buzzed today with e-mails coming. I must have checked my mail and junk mail 50 times!

Anyone else still waiting on Dal?

Congrats to everyone who got accepted and good luck to those on wait lists! It is my second year applying to grad school and so it's nice to hear that many of you who were not accepted this time are trying again. I know that "punch in the stomach" kind of feeling - it sucks! But good on yas for pulling your boots up and deciding to try again! I am hoping and praying that my hard work will pay off this year, but no e-mail either way yet...

Applied: UofT, Mac, Western, Queens (all OT)

Accepted: UofT, Mac, Western, Queens

Rejected: none

sGPA: 3.89

cGPA: 3.82

Perceived strengths/weaknesses: Thought my essays were OK and had references from a professor and a rehab clinic manager that I volunteered with for 3 years. Mac interview went well I felt. I am leaning most towards Western, so a few spots on the waiting lists will open up soon. Good luck to everyone, the support on this forum is amazing!