Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted/Wait listed/Rejected 2014

Congratulations minion! I did my undergrad at Western and it's an incredible school. I wonder when/if Toronto will start releasing their wait lists.

Thank you! I also got waitlisted at UofT so the waitlist should at least decrease abit. Best of luck to you!

Thank you! I also got waitlisted at UofT so the waitlist should at least decrease abit. Best of luck to you!

Thank you. What was your waitlist rank at Toronto? I'm currently at 21 and hoping they at least offer spots off the waitlist this year. I wonder why they haven't started making offers.

Is anyone else concerned that no one's heard anything about wait list movement for OT yet? Is this normal?

I can't handle the wait anymore! Yesterday morning (around 10:30am) I called Pam from McMaster and at that point she hadn't yet been given the go-ahead to start calling people from the OT wait list ...

I just got an email from McMaster! I got in to their OT program (and I'm going to accept)! (I was #4 on their wait list). I am going to let Queen's know that they can remove me from their wait list, so a spot there should open up.

Congrats for getting into Mcmaster!

I am #6 at UBC and there hasn't been any movement yet... I was told movement would happen throughout June. I haven't given up hope but I am now starting to sweat :/

Oh man... I'm terrified, sitting at #11. I hope they're just putting it off to send out offers all at once once the other schools have finished theirs... I'm really worried.

Just received an email back from PT admissions from U of T and they have no plans to admit from the waitlist this year as the class is full. She could only comment on PT but I assume that OT would be the same since there hasn't been any movement as of yet. I moved up six spots from 21 to 15 but have little hope for admission.

Yes you can email UBC. I sent them an email last week and there hasn't been any movement on the OT wait list :(

Awesome, thank you! I'll send rehana an email.

I find it surprising that there's been no movement at all when there were a couple people on this forum that said they gave up their spots? And a couple others that were wait listed and got into other schools. Hopefully it's just a delay. And I feel like you have a really good chance of getting in, being #6!

Awesome, thank you! I'll send rehana an email.

I find it surprising that there's been no movement at all when there were a couple people on this forum that said they gave up their spots? And a couple others that were wait listed and got into other schools. Hopefully it's just a delay. And I feel like you have a really good chance of getting in, being #6!

Yeah, it's strange but I haven't really been in this position before. Last year I was #16 when I started so I didn't have much of a chance to get in. I think even at #11 you have a good chance because around 10 haven't gotten in off the wait list in the last several years(or at least that is what I have read). Please keep me posted on what UBC says. I will also try emailing again at the end of the month. Good luck!