Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted/Wait listed/Rejected 2014

So for anyone wondering about UBC OT, apparently no one accepted into the program has given up their seat. There was wait list movement of one person below me on the list who accepted elsewhere...but i'm not sure where on the list they were. So, I moved up one spot, but it's not looking too hopeful for us on the wait list considering no one actually in the program gave up their spot. Since it's past the deadline for them to accept, it means everyone firmly accepted their offer, I guess.

So for anyone wondering about UBC OT, apparently no one accepted into the program has given up their seat. There was wait list movement of one person below me on the list who accepted elsewhere...but i'm not sure where on the list they were. I moved up one spot, but it's not looking too hopeful for us on the wait list considering no one actually in the program gave up their spot. Since it's past the deadline for them to accept, it means everyone firmly accepted their offer, I guess.

This makes me sad.. I was hoping that this year was going to have lots of movement! Thanks for the update though, not knowing where the list was at was driving me bonkers.

This makes me sad.. I was hoping that this year was going to have lots of movement! Thanks for the update though, not knowing where the list was at was driving me bonkers.

I know! I was quite upset when I got the e-mail. I'm really grateful they let me know, though. At least now we can make Fall plans, and hopefully next year there won't be a record number of applicants like there were this year...

I know! I was quite upset when I got the e-mail. I'm really grateful they let me know, though. At least now we can make Fall plans, and hopefully next year there won't be a record number of applicants like there were this year...

Please do not give up entirely. Even though people may have accepted their offers we have no idea who will actually follow through and who will drop(even after accepting). I was much higher on the wait list last time and I moved 10 spots. From what I have hear a lot the movement happens in June so their is still time. Good luck!

Please do not give up entirely. Even though people may have accepted their offers we have no idea who will actually follow through and who will drop(even after accepting). I was much higher on the wait list last time and I moved 10 spots. From what I have hear a lot the movement happens in June so their is still time. Good luck!

Forgive my sausage fingers. "a lot of the movement", "heard" and "there" :)

This is true, you're right. I am going to keep my spot on the list but I feel like while there may still be some movement, it's unlikely that 10 people will drop out of the program after already accepting... Thank you for the words of encouragement, though :) So kind of you. Good luck to you! And I hope the person on the wait list that dropped was also below you, although you probably still have a pretty good chance of making it in.

Can I ask if you know when exactly the movement occurred last year? When did you find out you had moved 10 spots?

I can't recall exactly,but most of the movement was between the middle of May and the end of June. After that it slowed down and for me there was little movement in July and August. I ended up being close but not getting an offer. I may get in this time,but if I don't I will keep applying until they give me a seat! Last year I started at 14 and this year I started at 6. If I get rejected again and have to reapply and interview perhaps next year I will make #1 to 3 on the wait list or even get an offer right away! Haha I refuse to give up! At this rate I will still become an OT before age 50:p

Good luck!! I hope you get in!

I can't recall exactly,but most of the movement was between the middle of May and the end of June. After that it slowed down and for me there was little movement in July and August. I ended up being close but not getting an offer. I may get in this time,but if I don't I will keep applying until they give me a seat! Last year I started at 14 and this year I started at 6. If I get rejected again and have to reapply and interview perhaps next year I will make #1 to 3 on the wait list or even get an offer right away! Haha I refuse to give up! At this rate I will still become an OT before age 50:p

Haha that is the spirit! I feel the same way. No rejections will stop me from trying hard to get in, even if it takes more than 2 goes at it. I'm sure you'll get in :) your motivation and personality seem perfect for the OT world.

Congratulations on your U of T OT offer! That's wonderful! :) I get the sense that PT was your preference though. Will you be accepting for OT?

Sorry for the delay, I was accepted at western for OT and accepted. I declined UofT and not holding my breath for UofT pt wait list #44 and I haven't bothered calling