Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted/Wait listed/Rejected 2014

Applied: Mac, uOttawa, Queen's, McGill (all PT)

Accepted:

Waitlisted:

Rejected: Mac

sGPA: 3.69

cGPA: 3.75

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Fairly confident with my Queen's and McGill submissions. Already had uOttawa interview, i am fully bilingual, and think the interview went really well, so I'm hoping even with my grades I will still be considered. Also have around 60 hours of volunteer work in a physiotherapy clinic.

Did not get considered for an interview from Mac, apparently the cut-off was a 3.78 sGPA.

Applied: UBC, McMaster, U of T, Western (all PT)

Accepted:UBC

Rejected:

Waitlisted:

Interviews: UBC, Mcmaster, U of T

SUbGPA: 3.90

CGPA: 3.81

I will be accepting UBC and I've declined my interviews at McMaster and U of T so hopefully that wait list gets bumped.

Good luck to everyone!!

Applied: UBC, McMaster, Western (all PT)

Accepted:UBC

Rejected:

Waitlisted:

Interviews: UBC, McMaster

SUbGPA: 3.81 (Ontario), 88% (UBC)

Perceived strength of interview/references: I think the interview went OK. There were a few stations that I felt went really well and a few stations that didn't go so well. I froze during the first station and couldn't think of much to say.

I will be accepting my offer at UBC and declining the interview at McMaster. Good luck everyone!

Applied: UBC, McMaster, Ottawa, McGill all ot/pt

Interviews:all, but declined every school except UBC (couldn't make Ottawa on short notice, I'm from BC so I will pass on the Mac interviews and McGill has not sent out PT yet)

Accepted: UBC pt and Ot

I have accepted the seat for PT so the Waitlist for OT should be getting shorter... :) good luck everyone!!

I just received a MMI interview invitation for the Physiotherapy Program. I was originally rejected because I didn't make the cut-off of 3.78 but I am glad to finally get an opportunity to prove myself.

You received an interview for Mac? Congratulations! Did they say why they changed or switched the cut off? I also have a 3.76 subGPA and 3.61cumGPA

Thank you, and yes I received an interview invitation from Mcmaster. SubGPA-3.76; CGPA-3.41. The first email was a rejection email sent to me a couple of weeks ago. It contained several possible reasons for not getting in and I just assumed everything met expectations except my subGPA. Turns out that was the only problem and I guess I was fortunate enough to have others reject their invitations. If you haven't received an invitation did you double check that check list of possible reasons for not getting in? For some reason I got rejected at uoft even those my subGPA met the cut-off. Apparently they aren't allowed to comment on why I didn't get in (which sucks especially since on paper I met all expectations)

• 2 weeks later...
In anticipation of the offers coming out May 16th, I have a question: what time do they actually come out? Is it at midnight, or anytime during the day? Also, do offers roll out every day as people decline?

I know an OT who graduated from McMaster last year and she told me that her offers came in at around 12:30 to 1 am. I'll probably stay up late on the night of the 15th ;)

I'm not sure how it works when people decline their offers though. I'd like to know as well!

In anticipation of the offers coming out May 16th, I have a question: what time do they actually come out? Is it at midnight, or anytime during the day? Also, do offers roll out every day as people decline?

I was sure that they said that all responses will be sent out on May 16th at 10 am.

Last year Queens sent out the offers just before 10am, UofT sent it on the Thursday just before midnight and Western sent an email around midnight with a link to the Student Center which had an update on your application status.

Last year Queens sent out the offers just before 10am, UofT sent it on the Thursday just before midnight and Western sent an email around midnight with a link to the Student Center which had an update on your application status.

When I applied to OT at McMaster and U of T two years ago, the emails for both were sent just after 12am (12:15ish). Had I known I probably would have stayed up Thursday night! FYI, I was waitlisted for McMaster and rejected from U of T. Not sure when they'll go out this year...