Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Heebz

Is 4.0 credits considered full load ?

Hello,

I am currently in first year Life Sci at UTM. I started with 5.0 credits, however, dropped Physics (136/137) because I was under a lot of stress and pressure at the beginning which led to my illness. For medical schools, Would they count my 4.0 credits a full load ? What if I am taking the one credit this summer ?

Thank you very much :)

Unfortunately your 4.0 credits will not be considered a full course load. Even if you took at summer course it still wouldn't be a full course load, as most universities define a full course load as 5.0 credits between the months of Sept and April. Try to take a full course load for the next 3 years! It's pretty important! Having 1 year with less than a full load shouldn't really matter, except that UofT will not give you their weighting formula anymore.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but University of calgary consideres 4 credits to be a full time load. and Uni of ottawa considers 4 credits plus 1 in the summer to be a full time load as well.

Not sure why no one has stated this yet.

Unfortunately your 4.0 credits will not be considered a full course load. Even if you took at summer course it still wouldn't be a full course load, as most universities define a full course load as 5.0 credits between the months of Sept and April. Try to take a full course load for the next 3 years! It's pretty important! Having 1 year with less than a full load shouldn't really matter, except that UofT will not give you their weighting formula anymore.

Seriously?! Well that sucks ass..