Premed 101 Forums

Feb dat

lol I really hope so. But it was like that since Feb 28th. So I'm assuming it's because there is no transcript available for anyone :P. I hope they at least upload it by this Friday though :(

No it wasn't. I was able to check 2 days ago haha. :)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No it wasn't. I was able to check 2 days ago haha. :)

Oh really? That's a good news lol I just checked in the beginning of March and it was closed haha. Thank you for letting me know :) Maybe they are really getting the work done lol

Oh really? That's a good news lol I just checked in the beginning of March and it was closed haha. Thank you for letting me know :) Maybe they are really getting the work done lol

Well I don't know! I was able two days ago, but maybe it means absolutely nothing!

Hmmm I got AA 20 and PAT 20. My cumulative GPA is 3.99. But I have been looking at the U of T, Western and UBC stats and seems like my DAT is below average.

Should I retake it?

It is true your DAT is below avg, but your GPA is very high. Your GPA can compensate for you DAT. What is your RC? Western particularly puts a lot of weight on RC.

It is true your DAT is below avg, but your GPA is very high. Your GPA can compensate for you DAT. What is your RC? Western particularly puts a lot of weight on RC.

I understand that DAT is weighed less than the GPA, but wouldn't it be a bit risky?

I don't think my RC would be high enough for Western. Preferably, I want to attend either U of T or UBC though. I'm a BC resident and permanent resident in Ontario so hopefully that would help me with my chances.

I understand that DAT is weighed less than the GPA, but wouldn't it be a bit risky?

MY RC is 18, Bio 22 and Chem 21. I don't think my RC would be high enough for Western. Preferably, I want to attend either U of T or UBC though. I'm a BC resident and permanent resident in Ontario so hopefully that would help me with my chances.

True! The RC cutoff for Western was 18 last yr and 19 this yr (maybe because of the abnormal distribution of Nov 2013 RC), and the admitted avg was 23. But I think you will have a very good chance of getting in UBC or UT since you are IP (also your GPA is flawless).

If you feel like you were unprepared this time, I would suggest you to take it again because you can do better. Otherwise, spend the time on other aspects of your application.

True! The RC cutoff for Western was 18 last yr and 19 this yr (maybe because of the abnormal distribution of Nov 2012 RC), and the admitted avg was 23. But I think you will have a very good chance of getting in UBC or UT since you are IP (also your GPA is flawless).

If you feel like you were unprepared this time, I would suggest you to take it again because you can do better. Otherwise, spend the time on other aspects of your application.

Thank you for your insight. By other aspects of application, do you mean interviews?

Thank you for your insight. By other aspects of application, do you mean interviews?

Right! Keep up on extracurriculum, so you can talk about it during the interview. Also, do more research. I believe UT and UBC both care quite a lot about your research experience.

Archived