Premed 101 Forums

Feb dat

Bio: 24

General chem:19

PAT:20

RCT: 22

TS: 21

AA: 22

MDT= 5. 5!?!? What does thst mean!??! I dont get it my measurements were correct, surfaces were smooth and straight, angles were alright.i I had one 2mm chip and one of my measurements was 2mm off but 5!?!

I'm applying to UBC anywaud but my PAT is lower than their average of 22 :(

Measurements off by as much as 2mm is a lot. That's almost considered the wrong design. Imagine if you were 2 mm off in cutting a tooth! Just use this as a learning experience. UBC doesn't look at MDT, so you still have a chance if your GPA is competitive.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys! Just had a heart attack seeing the email for DAT results. Here are my results, what do you guys think?

RC: 27

Bio: 19

Chem: 20

Sciences: 19

AA: 22

PAT: 22

MDT: 26

I didn't study at all for biology/chemistry since I don't need them where I'm applying, so just mainly looking at RC, PAT and MDT. :)

nicely done!!! I'm excited for you :)

Thanks! So I'm guessing I don't really need to do a rewrite? I messed up on my carving, and I know I could do much better ;o

haha, most people would be happy with your carving score. If I were you, I wouldn't waste time on a rewrite. Now go on and ace your finals.

Measurements off by as much as 2mm is a lot. That's almost considered the wrong design. Imagine if you were 2 mm off in cutting a tooth! Just use this as a learning experience. UBC doesn't look at MDT, so you still have a chance if your GPA is competitive.

My measurement wasn't off but I left 2mm so i could get back to it and shave it up to the edge at the end but I ran out of time and noticed it as i was putting it in the box :(. I also feel like I over studied Bio because I enjoyed it so much more than chemistry and the scores show.

My gpa for best 3 years is 3.85 or 83% for UBC. Do i stand a chance for the interview?

My measurement wasn't off but I left 2mm so i could get back to it and shave it up to the edge at the end but I ran out of time and noticed it as i was putting it in the box :(

My gpa for best 3 years is 3.85 or 83% for UBC. Do i stand a chance for the interview?

Yes, based on past entrance statistics, I think you do have a chance at an interview but keep in mind that your stats are slightly below average of accepted applicants so make sure you practice lots for the interview.

Yes, based on past entrance statistics, I think you do have a chance at an interview but keep in mind that your stats are slightly below average of accepted applicants so make sure you practice lots for the interview.

I thought UBC doesn't care about GPA and DAT scores for admission to the program, only interview score? everyone has to practice regardless if their DAT/GPA are high or below average. right?

I thought UBC doesn't care about GPA and DAT scores for admission to the program, only interview score? everyone has to practice regardless if their DAT/GPA are high or below average. right?

Right.

UBC Looks at GPA by % and then DAT, once you get an interview you have a clean slate and its 100% interview and PBL score.

Thanks...not sure why it still shows nov 2013 for me. Weird!

Looking at the score tables from Nov and Feb, is it just me or is it really easier to score so much better in Nov? I see at least one or two point difference between the two tests for the same percentile.

I took the DAT in Nov last year and re-wrote it in Feb. I personally didn't study for the Nov one and got an avg/ok score, and studied really hard for Feb but my scores only improved by 2 points in the science categories even though I found Feb to be easier. I thought Nov PAT would have destroyed me but I ended up doing much better than I thought, and Feb I found was decent and I got the same score. RC in Feb was a complete joke. Finished with over 10 min to spare so I went over my answers again, and I got the same score as Nov too! So yeah, I think from my personal experience, its easier to score better in Nov because I got pretty decent scores without excessive studying.

I took the DAT in Nov last year and re-wrote it in Feb. I personally didn't study for the Nov one and got an avg/ok score, and studied really hard for Feb but my scores only improved by 2 points in the science categories even though I found Feb to be easier. I thought Nov PAT would have destroyed me but I ended up doing much better than I thought, and Feb I found was decent and I got the same score. RC in Feb was a complete joke. Finished with over 10 min to spare so I went over my answers again, and I got the same score as Nov too! So yeah, I think from my personal experience, its easier to score better in Nov because I got pretty decent scores without excessive studying.

Would you mind sharing your RC strategy? I did really bad on RC and planning to take it again.

Anyone trying to figure out which test is "EASIER" needs to read a chapter on normalized test scores. I don't understand how university students can be so oblivious to such a simple concept.

To repeat myself once again: your subject score out of 30 is a factor of both (1) how many questions you get correct - raw score, and (2) how well everyone else does on the same subject. A test "being easy" for you, means it is "easier" for everyone else who is taking that same test. If you are getting more questions correct b/c the questions are more basic, so are your peers, and your score out of 30 will be lower, as a result.

Looking at the score tables from Nov and Feb, is it just me or is it really easier to score so much better in Nov? I see at least one or two point difference between the two tests for the same percentile.

You still have to do better than the same percentile of students to get your score.. How does that make it easier?

You still have to do better than the same percentile of students to get your score.. How does that make it easier?

What Im trying to say is if I get 97 percentile in both tests it is 21 in Feb while it is 23 or 24 in Nov. I understand that it depends on others performance but honestly since there will be a normal distribution all the time it is very likely for you to perform similar in both tests.

not exactly true... some years the DAT has a different percentile associated with a particular numerical DAT score... i remember the year i wrote it in feb. i got 99th percentile for my AA and it was a 23, whereas this year a 99th percentile in for both DAT tests after that were much higher ~25 for a 99th percentile

not exactly true... some years the DAT has a different percentile associated with a particular numerical DAT score... i remember the year i wrote it in feb. i got 99th percentile for my AA and it was a 23, whereas this year a 99th percentile in for both DAT tests after that were much higher ~25 for a 99th percentile

Nice scores Simba! Thats amazing. Mufasa has taught you well.

Archived