Premed 101 Forums

University of Wollongong Student Here - Ask Me Anything!

UOW-GSM is definitely a great program that gives students a great personalized experience! Are you planning on staying in Australia for an Internship or coming back to North America?

I'm planning on keeping as many doors open as possible :)

...I'm not as concerned with (focused on) where I end up, as I am with a career path that I will enjoy.

I'm planning on keeping as many doors open as possible :)

...I'm not as concerned with (focused on) where I end up, as I am with a career path that I will enjoy.

You have an incredible outlook on pursuing your dreams! It's refreshing to hear :) I'm sure your mentality came out in the interview = a spot at UOW and I'm sure it will lead you to a great Residency placement as wel.

You have an incredible outlook on pursuing your dreams! It's refreshing to hear :) I'm sure your mentality came out in the interview = a spot at UOW and I'm sure it will lead you to a great Residency placement as wel.

Thank you - although I haven't been invited for an interview yet. Several Australian applications were only sent in a week or two ago.

Hi, a couple questions if you don't mind:

1)Do you forsee any challenges in getting accepted into your internship year being an international student? I think it depends on the state but I heard thats Queesnland for example is saturated so many intl students don't get a spot as the commonwealth suppoerted sports must fill first

2) How did you finance your education (gov't or bank loans, scholarships, personal, etc.) and did you find it easy to find a decent paying summer job as an internation student?

Archived