Premed 101 Forums

Can I become a chiropractor at CMCC?

Cerebrate

Hello guys!

Unlike many people here, I'm interested in becoming a chiropractor in Canada. As far as I know there are two colleges to study as a chiropractor student.

There is an English-speaking college named Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (CMCC) which seems like a good option for me. They set their admission GPA minimum as 2.5 out of 4.0 which is too good to be true imho.

They had a GPA conversian table which is somewhat similar OMSAS grade conversion chart except no universities are listed (see p. 87) . So after using that table to convert my letter grades to GPA scores, I am certain that I am eligible to get in.

However, I saw that it had low matriculation rates so it made me curious as to whether it is a very competitive college or, not enough people are applying to it. Does anyone have any statistics on what the lowest GPA entry was for each year? Sometimes many types of schools say minimum cutoffs could be some mediocre C grade, when in reality, the minimum GPA that gets in has an A-.

P.S.

On an unrelated note, I was wondering if there are any chiropractor focused forums (i.e. is there an equivalent of premed101 for chiropractors)? I mean nurses and other health care providers have their own thing going on on this site, but no love for chiros :P

i heard they interview everyone with a +70 avg. i went for a tour of cmcc's facilities and it seems alright nothing really fancy imo.

i think it is super expensive through. i believe they are very focused on evidence based chiro vs the other one (forget the name).

If you don't mind me asking, who told you that they interview people whom have a 70+ average?

someone at school, cant remember who. sorry can't be more specific.

I would recommend msging them and asking for a tour of a facilities and you can prob ask to talk to a current student. they will be able to provide you with the best info.

I also believe NYCC recruits heavily in canada. I accidentally gave my address to NYCC when they visited my undergrad school and they wont stop sending me info packets. i even emailed them to tell them to stop they still send.

-Jokingly a friend told me the only way to get them to stop is to attend the school, that is the schools strategy

• 2 weeks later...

I would recommend msging them and asking for a tour of a facilities and you can prob ask to talk to a current student. they will be able to provide you with the best info.

I also believe NYCC recruits heavily in canada. I accidentally gave my address to NYCC when they visited my undergrad school and they wont stop sending me info packets. i even emailed them to tell them to stop they still send.

-Jokingly a friend told me the only way to get them to stop is to attend the school, that is the schools strategy

For anyone that cares, I emailed CMCC admissions a while ago, and they told me that the recent lowest admission GPA was "around 2.8" (not sure why they used "around" but whatever). I also went on a tour today and asked a chiropractic intern and he also said the same thing.

I emailed CMCC admissions a while ago, and they told me that the recent lowest admission GPA was "around 2.8" (i.e. around 70%). Not sure why they used "around" but whatever. I also went on a tour today and asked a chiropractic intern and he also said the same thing. So I guess that answers the main thread question!

Archived