Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems like most of the MCQ questions in the MCCQE Part 1 this year are similar to the CanadaQBank MCCEE questions instead of their Testlet questions. Anyone else feel the same way?

It's always the case. The real mccqe is closer to the ee canada qbank.

It's always the case. The real mccqe is closer to the ee canada qbank.

I have been using the MCCQE1 testlet questions to supplement my studying too. Bouque, would you say the ee questions would be more fruitful to be practicing with in the last week before the exam that we have left to prepare?

This may be splitting hairs, but in what was are the ee questions more similar to the real MCCQE1, i.e are they easier or harder than the testlet questions, etc?

Thanks!

For both content and style, MCCEE questions appeared to be more similar.

That pisses me off. You subscribe to the series you think will provide the most pertinent method for preparing for one exam (MCCQE1), only to find out theres another set of practice questions that are a better way to spend your time and money to prepare. Very frustrating.

Hope this also quells the concern that a COI was involved here. Maybe a few members on here should get their eyes checked and not jump to such cynical conclusions.

The state of prep resources for this MCCQE1 is pitiful!

yeaaah I'm using exclusively Uworld to study for both Step 2CK and LMCC. The studying is primarily for getting as high a score on Step 2 CK as I can and hopefully what I learn will be sufficient to allow me a pass on LMCC!

Does anyone know the length of an average MCCQE1 question?

In USMLE Step 2, 3. people rush through the exams.

But I have no time issue taking the Self administrated exams: QE1 MCQ.

How does the time management in the real MCCQE1 compare to those in USMLE Step 2, 3, and QE1 MCQ Self administrated exam?

Thanks,

How does the time management in the real MCCQE1 compare to those in USMLE Step 2, 3

You'll have more time than the USMLE exams. If you were OK for time during those exams, you won't have a problem with MCCQE1. If you did well on Step 2 and 3, you won't have ANY problems with MCCQE1. It's a joke.

You'll have more time than the USMLE exams. If you were OK for time during those exams, you won't have a problem with MCCQE1. If you did well on Step 2 and 3, you won't have ANY problems with MCCQE1. It's a joke.

Thank you very much.

Good to know. I flipped through some of the MCCQE1 sample questions and they are on average much easier than Uworld, which is much more knowledge intensive.

The style of the ee bank is closer to the real thing than the qe bank. However, the content is roughly the same. Anyway when you subscribe to qbank you should have access to both qe and ee.

That being said, the lmcc/mccqe1 is not a hard exam and it doesn't matter AT ALL what banks you've done, you could prepare yourself with usmleworld for step 2 and it wouldnt make any difference. Banks are good because they make you review the material in a different way.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll all be fine for the exam. Once again, while the style of the questions in ee is closer to the real thing, it DOESN'T MATTER if you've done ee or qe (personnally I found out about the ee bank 2 days before the exam so I didn't use it but still got a very good score).

^to add to that, I can't seem to find info on the length of breaks etc. and how the day is structured? All I know is the morning = 3.5 hrs of MCQ then afternoon is 4 hours of CDM.

Lunch was 30 mins at my center which was barely enough time to go out and get something to eat (I wrote in Mississauga). However I finished MCQ early and had time to go somewhere to grab food, otherwise you might wanna bring your own lunch. There are no morning/afternoon breaks. If you want to go to the bathroom it comes out of your test time.

For those who have already written, would reading the 2 sections in Toronto Notes (Ethical/Legal and Organization Aspects of medicine, and Pop Health and Epidemiology) be enough to comfortably pass that section of the MCCQ1? Thanks!

There's an AFP primer on public health online tutorial that's also good. Otherwise, yes you should be fine.

Lunch was 30 mins at my center which was barely enough time to go out and get something to eat (I wrote in Mississauga). However I finished MCQ early and had time to go somewhere to grab food, otherwise you might wanna bring your own lunch. There are no morning/afternoon breaks. If you want to go to the bathroom it comes out of your test time.

There's an AFP primer on public health online tutorial that's also good. Otherwise, yes you should be fine.

How did you find the exam in general? I have heard from a few people that they walked out of the test feeling like they failed, but then ended up doing quite well. is it really that hard to assess how your doing during the exam?

^ Have people already found out their scores? That's very quick! And actually, do you get a score or just a pass/fail?

who knows how anyone actually does vs how they feel? it's very subjective.

and no we won't find out scores for a while.. they give you a breakdown. here's a link that explains it better http://www.medaholic.com/lmcc-mccqe-part-i-scores/

Archived