Premed 101 Forums

May 13th countdown thread!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys, meanwhile I just wanted to ask whether it is too late to apply for bursaries? I know scholarship deadline has passed, but does anyone know the last day to apply for the bursaries?

Good luck to all!!!!! 3 more days!

I'm pretty sure the bursary deadline is the same as undergrad students, in which case it is sometime in September.

Best of luck to everyone!

I'm super excited to meet you 2018s :). If you have any more questions feel free to post them up here and someone from the 2017s will try and get to it!

Definitely feel free to ask away, either now or after the offers go out!

3 more days! To every one of you waiting, I want you to remember forever what it feels like right now. Remember the agony, the anxiety, the difficulty of not knowing the decision. When you are in medical school (and most of you will, if not this year then another, for you are great candidates already to have made it to the interview), these days are the ones that will keep you going. Recalling the hardship and difficulty associated with admission is one of the best drives when life in medical school gets challenging.

Remember the next 3 days. Document them. Write down something.

One day, you will look back on this.

And it could change your day.

My heartfelt best wishes to everyone. To those of you that don't get in this year, I can only say try and try again. Most med students try more than once to get in. With the right effort and the right circumstances, things will work in your favour.

Good luck, Western interviewees 2018!

I remember how this felt this time last year!!! Fingers crossed, I know I met a lot of really great candidates interview weekend.

We have our 2018s Facebook page with tons of 2017s ready to go for tomorrow!

May the odds be ever in your favour ;)

As always, if you have questions feel free to post up here or message me.

I remember how this felt this time last year!!! Fingers crossed, I know I met a lot of really great candidates interview weekend.

We have our 2018s Facebook page with tons of 2017s ready to go for tomorrow!

May the odds be ever in your favour ;)

As always, if you have questions feel free to post up here or message me.

if i refuse to go to Jack's will i be ostracized?

They are probably triple checking, so that the same mistake U of T made isn't happening here!

Sleep in, have some lunch, maybe kick back and have a beverage of sorts, it'll be out soon!

I would laugh quite hard if they heard what happened to UofT and went back and checked everything over again.

I would laugh quite hard if they heard what happened to UofT and went back and checked everything over again.

Haha me too, but anything could happen. The year before Queen's had a problem with their invites... sadly, this is nothing new lol.

I think Schulich people had a big breakfast and went to bed. Will wake up after lunch, eat some more and go to bed.

I wish I could make this my plan for the day. Would really like to just go back to bed and wake up after lunch.

Waiting for this really sucked. I got into U of T, so this is a lot easier. If I hadn't gotten into U of T I would be ... well. You know.

Good luck everyone. Schulich is my first choice. London is a lot cheaper to live and it is a relatively fun city. But if I get into Windsor I will choose Toronto - nothing against Windsor lovers, but I just don't want to live there.

I wish I could make this my plan for the day. Would really like to just go back to bed and wake up after lunch.

This is total speculation but we are sitting in lecture getting a talk by our Dean of Undergraduate Medical Education (deals with student affairs)... haha maybe they are just waiting on his thumbs up to hit send... If that happens to be the case for reasons unknown to us, we finish lecture at noon today. ;)

According to people in our class acceptances have started to go out...

SIDE NOTE: CHECK YOUR SPAM/JUNK filters... my acceptance went to my spam last year and I noticed it around 130pm but in reality it was sent/dated around 830am. Even though I had added their email address.

Archived