Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist partyyy

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoke with a lovely person in admissions today and she mentioned that they will be sending wait list offers before the 27th!

Thank you for the update! Really appreciate it! How soon do you guys think they'll start calling?

I don't believe they started calling waitlisted individuals prior to the 2 week deadline in previous years? They may have done so 3-4 years ago if I remember correctly from reading waitlist threads.

Does anyone know the reasoning behind not giving us what number we are on the waitlist? It would definitely help with some stress knowing if I was number 5 or 50! I really wonder how many of us there are!

I agree. I don't know why they don't. NOSM applicants get their waitlisted numbers. It would definitely help with the anxiety of the whole process, but I guess we have to play by their rules :P

Does anyone know the reasoning behind not giving us what number we are on the waitlist? It would definitely help with some stress knowing if I was number 5 or 50! I really wonder how many of us there are!

I was also wondering why this is. Maybe, they want to keep everyone in the dark to try and get the "best" applicants possible and to avoid everyone removing themselves from the waitlist--which could cause problems for them.

No problem! They wait is even more painful than before… I can't get myself to do or plan anything.

Realistically though I think there's a lot of us on the wait list and for some reason feel like there won't be much movement this year…

No problem! They wait is even more painful than before… I can't get myself to do or plan anything.

Realistically though I think there's a lot of us on the wait list and for some reason feel like there won't be much movement this year…

Are you in the English or French stream?

It just seems like most with offers are those who just had an Ottawa interview or multiple interviews with a wait list or rejection outcome at the other schools.

I've heard there has been lots of movement in the past too so I definitely could be wrong.

Last year, no one got accepted off-waitlist in the french stream

Let's hope for a lot of movement. I find it a little strange as to why they decided to call waitlisted applicants before the 27th this year when in previous years they only started calling a few days after the deadline.

Archived