Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist partyyy

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's one of the most ignorant questions and has been discussed on this forum so many times.

why is that in anyway an ignorant question? Just because you don't understand how rankings work yourself doesn't make it ignorant. That was very condescending ... no wonder you were waitlisted

why is that in anyway an ignorant question? Just because you don't understand how rankings work yourself doesn't make it ignorant. That was very condescending ... no wonder you were waitlisted

What he means is that the rankings are meaningless with respect to the quality of the medical education you'll receive at any given institution. The medical program is only one aspect that they're 'ranking' with their convoluted methodology.

As has been stated, every medical school in Canada will give you an excellent education. uOttawa is no exception.

Do you understand how rankings work? Please enlighten us, I've always been interested to understand how rankings in a magazine impact my education.

I feel like it doesnt even matter if Ottawa starts a few days later... From what I understand the waitlist offers have a 2 week deadline of acceptance as well so Its not like anyone will be forced to accept other waitlist offers before Ottawa comes

I feel like it doesnt even matter if Ottawa starts a few days later... From what I understand the waitlist offers have a 2 week deadline of acceptance as well so Its not like anyone will be forced to accept other waitlist offers before Ottawa comes

Some schools called wait-listed applicants prior to the deadline to respond to initial offers and this would make a difference.

Additionally, my friend said he emailed Diane in the afternoon yesterday (Tuesday) and Diane told him that they would most likely start giving out offers yesterday (Tuesday), but by the lack of anyone posting, I am going to assume that it didn't happen. So maybe today (Wednesday) is the day for some of us :P

Holy Hell. I've been trying to register since the initial acceptances were given out. Finally got the email!

Here's to hoping we start getting picked off the wait list soon. From the poll it looks like there is quite the large waiting list this year however :(

Archived