Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist partyyy

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's probably all the waitlist movement for today. But tomorrow will be another day of movement! I'm rooting for all you PM101'ers! I hope all the lurkers can make accounts and post info, it's helpful to everyone!!

Congrats Jdoc and all others who got in off of the waitlist today! Let's hope tomorrow is another big day for some of us.

Yeah, I have a feeling today was the big day. From here on out it's probably just going to be a slow trickle of acceptances. But then again I'm being super pessimistic here :P

I don't think that it's going to be a slow trickle of acceptances from here on in :P According to years prior, there have been a large volume of calls for at least 4-5 days (and today was only the first)

I was accepted off the wait list today at 1:37 pm.

I am in the English stream and I have a wgpa of 3.955.

I had some pretty hostile interviewers so I'm really happy to be accepted!

Good luck to everyone waiting. I know how hard the wait is.

Premed101 has truly been the only thing that's kept me sane the past few weeks. THANKYOU to everyone on here for their support!

Facebook group filled up by ~15 people. Let's hope there's more good news for some of us today.

Well that gives me a kind of grim outlook. Last year wasn't it only ~20 people who were called off the english stream waitlist? (at least that we saw on the forums?)

Well that gives me a kind of grim outlook. Last year wasn't it only ~20 people who were called off the english stream waitlist? (at least that we saw on the forums?)

yes it was around 20-25 people who got off the waitlist for the english stream. However, think about all the people who didn't post on the forums. So far only 3 people posted on the forum yet the facebook group moved by 15 people. Also keep in mind it's only at 120 members so there's still room.

Firstly, yes it was around 20-25 people who got off the waitlist for the english stream. However, think about all the people who didn't post on the forums. So far only 3 people posted on the forum yet the facebook group moved by 15 people. Also keep in mind it's only at 120 members so there's still room.

It's at 120 members and there are at least 20 that are admins or 2nd/3rd year med students.

Firstly, yes it was around 20-25 people who got off the waitlist for the english stream. However, think about all the people who didn't post on the forums. So far only 3 people posted on the forum yet the facebook group moved by 15 people. Also keep in mind it's only at 120 members so there's still room.

Yeah. If we're being as optimistic as possible: 119 Members --> Minus about 15-20 who are upper years/admins, minus about 20-30 for French streamers (I'm on the english stream waitlist) = About 70-80 Students confirmed for English Stream. Then you have to take into account those who have accepted and aren't in the Facebook group yet.

So, I would guess there is still significant movement to come.

Let's cross our fingers!

Yeah. If we're being as optimistic as possible: 119 Members --> Minus about 15-20 who are upper years/admins, minus about 20-30 for French streamers (I'm on the english stream waitlist) = About 70-80 Students confirmed for English Stream. Then you have to take into account those who have accepted and aren't in the Facebook group yet.

Let's cross our fingers!

You can also see when the people were added to the group.

Let's cross our fingers!

I think there are even more french streamers. Would an upper year med student be able to confirm approximately how many upper years are in the facebook group?

I think there are even more french streamers. Would an upper year med student be able to confirm approximately how many upper years are in the facebook group?

Perhaps, but I think they have 40 french stream seats in total so I don't think it's too much more.

It's at 120 members and there are at least 20 that are admins or 2nd/3rd year med students.

Long time lurker and finally managed to make an account!! I also know a few people in that group that have accepted offers elsewhere and are still within the members list. So, the number is not very accurate. Let's hope a new batch of calls starts around after lunch like yesterday!

The facebook group is a very bad estimate imo. I know of about a dozen people who are accepting and not part of the facebook group because they don't want to be ''judged'' off of a photo before meeting them new people in person. I myself left the group because of that mentality.

The facebook group is a very bad estimate imo. I know of about a dozen people who are accepting and not part of the facebook group because they don't want to be ''judged'' off of a photo before meeting them new people in person. I myself left the group because of that mentality.

I was afraid that might be the case

Just want to let y'all know that I followed through with my earlier sentiments and accepted UoT (I was on the good waitlist at UoOttawa - English Stream), so there will be an open spot for one of you hopefully.

I'm a tad sad - I wish I had the opportunity to pick between UoT and UoO. My friends and family are from Ottawa, and so now I am away from home for another 4 yrs. But that's life.

Nonetheless, I'm grateful for UoT. Good luck everyone.

Just want to let y'all know that I followed through with my earlier sentiments and accepted UoT (I was on the good waitlist at UoOttawa - English Stream), so there will be an open spot for one of you hopefully.

I'm a tad sad - I wish I had the opportunity to pick between UoT and UoO. My friends and family are from Ottawa, and so now I am away from home for another 4 yrs. But that's life.

Nonetheless, I'm grateful for UoT. Good luck everyone.

Thanks for the update and sorry to hear. Do you mind telling us what your wGPA was?

Archived