Premed 101 Forums

LOC for US schools

So I'm in the middle of applying for an LOC for a US school and I'm having trouble finding useful advisers to deal with. Most that I have met only submit an application without knowing anything about the likelihood of my application being accepted. I have wasted weeks going through this apply-reject cycle and its getting annoying.

If anybody knows a knowledgeable adviser (any bank, but I would prefer TD), could I please get their contact info so I can plan the LOC application better.

I also have the same question. As a new immigrant, I don't have any equity in Canada. However, I have one sure cosigner. The thing is my cosigner earns around 25K a year. I am worried that this is not enough to get me approve. What do you guys think?

No, I don't think they have any asset beside their car. On the other hand, I don't think I need to borrow the entire 250k either. I hope I will need at most 150k from bank. I have saving to fund the rest with propeties from my birth country.

Talk to the banks about the max you would qualify for and go from there.

No, I don't think they have any asset beside their car. On the other hand, I don't think I need to borrow the entire 250k either. I hope I will need at most 150k from bank. I have saving to fund the rest with propeties from my birth country.

So you are an foreign immigrant, with Canadian PR(or citizenship?), applying to medical schools in the US?

Sounds like a tough situation, without a solid consigner, I don't see any Canadian banks giving you large loans to go to the US, when you have no solid Canadian ties. You're more likely to get a loan from your home country.

Archived