Premed 101 Forums

NOSM Application: 2015 Admission

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, Join the group once you're accepted!

https://goo.gl/FUDB8C

The class of '18 is most excited to welcome the upcoming class of '19 into our family  :D The NOSM family is an unbelievably amazing group of people and I could not have asked for a better group to call my family, colleagues, and friends. Hockeynut is a half decent guy too ....... and by that I mean he is like a brother to me ;) I am sure those who join this family will feel the same way when they join us in the Fall. Should you guys (lurkers included) have any questions about the program or life at NOSM in general, feel free to post your questions here and we (i.e. current students) will do our best to respond as soon as possible. Or at the very least, I am sure Hockeynut and I will be able to answer most of your questions.

Excited to see some new faces on our Facebook page in the next few days!

L

I've been posting on the "May 12th support thread" in the General Ontario forum, but I just wanted to send out a special message of support for my fellow NOSM hopefuls.

As the hours wind down I think it's helpful to reflect on how we have all undoubtedly worked very hard this past year and as a number of people have remarked to me, it's time to be proud of that, no matter what the 12th brings. 

Sending you all positive vibes - here's to our dreams coming true!

RR

I've been posting on the "May 12th support thread" in the General Ontario forum, but I just wanted to send out a special message of support for my fellow NOSM hopefuls.

As the hours wind down I think it's helpful to reflect on how we have all undoubtedly worked very hard this past year and as a number of people have remarked to me, it's time to be proud of that, no matter what the 12th brings. 

Sending you all positive vibes - here's to our dreams coming true!

RR

Here's hoping for good news tomorrow! I hope you get in (and can sleep tonight!)

I am on the waitlist, though very far down. This is my first time applying and I will definitely be applying every year until I get into NOSM. It is my dream to go there. Although I was sad to not get an initial offer, I am proud of the fact that I got an interview and made it to the waitlist. As a 'mature' student owning and managing a business with over a dozen employees, full time (actually overload) course load this semester, and young kids at home, this is a big personal accomplishment for me. My tour of NOSM after the interview was so inspiring and I can't wait for the point in the future when I can be a part of this amazing school.

I am on the waitlist, though very far down. This is my first time applying and I will definitely be applying every year until I get into NOSM. It is my dream to go there. Although I was sad to not get an initial offer, I am proud of the fact that I got an interview and made it to the waitlist. As a 'mature' student owning and managing a business with over a dozen employees, full time (actually overload) course load this semester, and young kids at home, this is a big personal accomplishment for me. My tour of NOSM after the interview was so inspiring and I can't wait for the point in the future when I can be a part of this amazing school.

Hope to see you next year! If you ever have any questions feel free to msg me!

Hope to see you next year! If you ever have any questions feel free to msg me!

Thanks Hockeynut! 

Here's what I am now trying to decide before starting my honours year this fall:

1. Spend as much time as I can over the summer volunteering (haven't decided where yet) 

or

2. Take the time to study and write MCAT

Even though I want to live and practice medicine in Northern Ontario, should I avoid putting all my eggs in 1 basket and apply to other schools? Or does continuing to apply to NOSM (as many years as it takes!) as my only choice help my application in anyway?

There are 2000+ applicants per year to NOSM, being one of the 64 they accept is a slim chance at best so you should apply as broadly as possible. Also you should work on a back up plan to medicine, if you don't get into medicine at all.

Beef

Thanks Hockeynut! 

Here's what I am now trying to decide before starting my honours year this fall:

1. Spend as much time as I can over the summer volunteering (haven't decided where yet) 

or

2. Take the time to study and write MCAT

Even though I want to live and practice medicine in Northern Ontario, should I avoid putting all my eggs in 1 basket and apply to other schools? Or does continuing to apply to NOSM (as many years as it takes!) as my only choice help my application in anyway?

Ya, I'm pretty shocked with Hockeynut. Think this is the first year that no one has posted immediately after getting their acceptance letter. Guess it has been a pretty quiet year on the NOSM forum.

There has been a downward trend in activity on this subform for the past 3-4 years now.

My active participation in the forum has fallen because its so quiet and there is no interesting discussion or questions.

Archived